The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

The club need to make a huge statement.
This performance is totally unacceptable
and will not be tolerated.
And us the fans deserve a lot better than what we getting.
And at this rate we may be left with a new stand left empty.

Will struggle to retain fourth at this rate. Absolute disaster.

Pool and Soton both know we are their only chance for 4th place. This is where Pelle got us.

We appear to be in silent meltdown. The club doesn't appear to be doing anything constructive.

Bet Spurs are kicking themselves now. Looks like it might go to the wire for 4th, just Hope were in with a shout.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
KunKun said:
The scousers are going to fancy this now. Hard not to be nervous given our form even if the fixtures do look kind.

Mind you, is there any point qualifying, playing Yaya Toure in a 2 man midfield and going out early anyway? Suppose theres financial reasons.

That's just it though, they don't look kind. Liverpool have just one toughie left, away to Chelsea and even that looks likely to be a dead rubber. Their other 6 are against teams lying 10th or lower, and given that 32 games have elapsed since they lost to anyone outside the current top 3, I wouldn't bet against them bagging all 18 points available. Meanwhile we've got Spurs and Swansea away, Southampton at home, which won't be easy, and parked buses in store courtesy of QPR and Villa. We're in a whole heap of shit, and speaking personally I can't see us holding the Dippers at bay. Pellegrini, Begiristain, Toure, whoever you want to blame, we need a complete fucking clear out

We're going yo have to win every game and we all know that's not possible at the moment. The players and management are rock bottom with confidence. The club owners and management team need an emergency meeting to turn this disaster around.

More like whimper. If nothing changes we are in grave danger here of missing out on the CL. The warning signs have been there for ages now and they have failed to act yet again.

If we don't finish top 4 no doubt the likes of aguero silva kompany and yaya will be gone. madrid barca psg and Bayern will be all over them in a heartbeat.

Stop panicking....

If we win all our home games we will have 73 points,

The scousers would need six wins and a draw to just get level with us....

Our vastly superior goal difference would still see us through.

I can't see them going on this type of run especially with a cup semi and final to prepare for.

citymad said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
KunKun said:
The scousers are going to fancy this now. Hard not to be nervous given our form even if the fixtures do look kind.

Mind you, is there any point qualifying, playing Yaya Toure in a 2 man midfield and going out early anyway? Suppose theres financial reasons.

That's just it though, they don't look kind. Liverpool have just one toughie left, away to Chelsea and even that looks likely to be a dead rubber. Their other 6 are against teams lying 10th or lower, and given that 32 games have elapsed since they lost to anyone outside the current top 3, I wouldn't bet against them bagging all 18 points available. Meanwhile we've got Spurs and Swansea away, Southampton at home, which won't be easy, and parked buses in store courtesy of QPR and Villa. We're in a whole heap of shit, and speaking personally I can't see us holding the Dippers at bay. Pellegrini, Begiristain, Toure, whoever you want to blame, we need a complete fucking clear out

We're going yo have to win every game and we all know that's not possible at the moment. The players and management are rock bottom with confidence. The club owners and management team need an emergency meeting to turn this disaster around.

I disagree.

Can I just point out that even as expected Liverpool sweep a very poor Newcastle team aside tomorrow you will still be 4 points ahead of them? Also, of their remaining 6 league games, 4 are away from home including Stoke and Chelsea?

Similarly, Man Yoo also have 4 of their remaining games away from home including Chelsea, Everton and Palace and the latter are no push over under Pardew. Let's not forget they also have to play an in form Arsenal at home, so another potential opportunity for them to drop points.

Now City have 4 remaining games at home and all likely wins to my mind. Of the away games you have, OK, Swansea might be tricky but as for Spurs, they've already hit their usual year end wall, losing at home to Villa and you should beat them.

So, I know today's result is a disappointment but I still see you finishing above Utd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.