The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

Blue Mooner said:
Guess what we the fans can help by lifting the players confidence instead of destroying it.

You can tell confidence is fragile by the way we capitulated once the rags got their lucky equaliser, so the fans need to help.

Exactly, just like the way the club have lifted the players confidence by leaking that story to Brennan in the MEN earlier today. Oh, hang on...

Only City could come 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th* in two horse race.
(* Delete as appropriate)

If the unthinkable happens on Saturday, the scum could be second. What a nightmare.

Maureen has to be far more adventurous in these bigger games instead of "we must not lose" because we al know the luck the scum have, they'll fluke a winner in the 100th minute.

Blue Mooner said:
Guess what we the fans can help by lifting the players confidence instead of destroying it.

You can tell confidence is fragile by the way we capitulated once the rags got their lucky equaliser, so the fans need to help.

One of the most ridiculous cliches that gets thrown around. The fans are not the problem.

I've been asking myself a question today. It's clear now that some of our big names will be leaving this summer. It's also clear that they have a precedent of downing tools.

The question: Are these players petty enough to deliberately sabotage our top 4 attempts to gain an advantage when leaving the club (lower fee, demanding a payoff, things like that)? Take for example Yaya: it's said he is in talks with Inter. Inter will want to pay as little as possible and focus their investment on his wages and signing-on fee. City will want a fee. If City miss out on top 4 they are weakened financially (c/o FFP) and it plays into Yaya's hands.

It's not even a question that should be asked, but I've seen some horrible evidence in the past and this season that these players are willing to do what suits them when the chips are down (FA Cup Final for example, the efforts to get Mancini sacked). I may be one of the few who still thinks of Spurs away two seasons ago when Dzeko literally stopped playing. He wouldn't do ANYTHING and it was worse than Lee Bradbury's worst. It was even worse than what we've seen lately. And it's memories like those that make me worried and lead me to ask that question.

Win our home games and Liverpool have to win their last 6 to overtake us. Including 4 away games, one of which is Chelsea.

moomba said:
Win our home games and Liverpool have to win their last 6 to overtake us. Including 4 away games, one of which is Chelsea.

I cannot see us winning our last four home games in fact I will be amazed and handing out some bucks if we do.

mancity1 said:
moomba said:

I cannot see us winning our last four home games in fact I will be amazed and handing out some bucks if we do.

West Ham are in worse form than we are and Allardyce never goes for it away to the big teams, he save that for the home games so I think we will win at weekend.

Villa could cause us some issues and with QPR it all depends on where they are in the table and if their players know they ae going down or not by then.

Southampton will hard.

It's away from home where we will find it tough with us having Spurs and Swansea.

I still think we need to put Vieira in before weekend though, I don't think some of the players are playing for the club let alone Pellegrini, but any sort of boost in motivation and authority surely has to be implemented now? Vieira will offer that.

mancity1 said:
moomba said:

I think its doable. West Ham, Villa and QPR are pretty good opponents, and we have won our last three at home. Southampton are beatable as well, the away game against them was one of our best performances.

Have hopes we'll get results at Swansea and Spurs two.

moomba said:
mancity1 said:
moomba said:

I think its doable. West Ham, Villa and QPR are pretty good opponents, and we have won our last three at home. Southampton are beatable as well, the away game against them was one of our best performances.

Have hopes we'll get results at Swansea and Spurs two.

No doubt its possible but the mentality of the squad and the impending change at the top along with the realisation that a number of the players who will rely on in those games are leaving the club in the summer will go against us home and away.

I don't think the players see the fight for fourth spot even a guaranteed spot in the chumps league in the same light as winning the title.

I don't expect us to graft out the results we need because when we concede and we will we have no fight in us to get over the line.

Things have to go for us and oppositions back off with the interest we have shown far to often this year for us to win games under the current set up.

Its too unhealthy and a recipe for change , significant change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.