The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

We need to win all of our remaining games to finish 2nd even that might not be good enough! If the rags fail to beat arsenal I think we could afford a loss and still secure 3rd! Which id be happy with considering the form we are in!

We just need to put in a performance over 90 minutes. I've not seen the side do that in a long time. Two wins will have build confidence and the manner in which we kept fighting on Saturday was good to see. Spurs can't defend either so I think we can beat them. They are probably wondering whether it's worth dropping out of the Europa league places now so they can fight for top 4 next season. Who knows... we've more at stake though and I think that will see us win the game.

Still have three tough games after that Swansea, Southampton and QPR with their fight to stay up will not be easy. Spurs is probably the easier game.

Just got to avoid finishing 4th, that's all... 4th means a play-off and being below the rags, so a double whammy!

Having said that, I would prefer 2nd, and don't agree with those saying 2nd or 3rd makes no difference. Even despite a largely shite 2015 so far, it would be great to finish second - a top 2 finish four seasons running is pretty remarkable.

Win three and draw one and we will finish third which means we automatically go into the CL group stages.

whp.blue said:
Does finishing second make any difference to what pot we are in under this new scheme?

Don't worry mate, we'll still get Bayern and Barca/Real

With the Rags and Arse facing each other we're odds on for at least 3rd.

Win our next 3, then if United beat Arsenal it's game on for 2nd on last day.

Is that likely? Hmm, well ok...

rnblade said:
As long as we finish above that smug bunch of rag cnuts, I'll be happy, this season has been an absolute nightmare since January!
Re-structuring of a massive order is needed.

Since January? Were you here for the CL group stages...This entire season has been dire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.