Man Utd v Arsenal 3
Hull v Man Utd 1

___Arsenal___
Hull v Arsenal 1
Arsenal v Swansea 3
Man Utd v Arsenal 0
Arsenal v Sunderland 3
Arsenal v West Brom 3

These things are rarely right but here's how I see things panning out. Which might mean we would be hoping Utd beat the Arse and we get 2nd place on goal difference. Changes the complexion on things, 2nd might even keep Pellers in his job

Re: The race for the Top 4

Here's how I see it:

___CITY___
Tottenham v Man City 0
Man City v QPR 3
Swansea v Man City 3
Man City v Southampton 3

___ManU___
Man Utd v West Brom 3
Crystal Palace v Man Utd 1
Man Utd v Arsenal 1
Hull v Man Utd 3

___Arsenal___
Hull v Arsenal 3
Arsenal v Swansea 3
Man Utd v Arsenal 1
Arsenal v Sunderland 3
Arsenal v West Brom 1

Here's how I see it:

___CITY___
Tottenham v Man City 0
Man City v QPR 3
Swansea v Man City 1
Man City v Southampton 1

___ManU___
Man Utd v West Brom 3
Crystal Palace v Man Utd 3
Man Utd v Arsenal 1
Hull v Man Utd 3

___Arsenal___
Hull v Arsenal 1
Arsenal v Swansea 3
Man Utd v Arsenal 1
Arsenal v Sunderland 3
Arsenal v West Brom 3

tramazi said:
___CITY___
Tottenham v Man City 1
Man City v QPR 3
Swansea v Man City 3
Man City v Southampton 3

___ManU___
Man Utd v West Brom 3
Crystal Palace v Man Utd 1
Man Utd v Arsenal 3
Hull v Man Utd 1

___Arsenal___
Hull v Arsenal 1
Arsenal v Swansea 3
Man Utd v Arsenal 0
Arsenal v Sunderland 3
Arsenal v West Brom 3

These things are rarely right but here's how I see things panning out. Which might mean we would be hoping Utd beat the Arse and we get 2nd place on goal difference. Changes the complexion on things, 2nd might even keep Pellers in his job

Simple, if Liverpool lose or draw tonight away at Hull and we get at least a draw on Sunday v Spurs we should finish in the top 4. 3rd at best.

If Liverpool win tonight and then v QPR on Saturday and thus cut our advantage over them to 3 pts by the time we play Spurs, and we were to lose at Spurs, both Liverpool and Spurs (and maybe even Southampton) will be right on our tails and we are in a fight just to finish 4th.

Liverpool have to go to Chelsea still , whilst Utd and Arsenal still have to play each other, and Spurs have to play Stoke and Everton away, whilst Southampton have to come to us on the last day of course.

Thus the margin for errors is still small. Need simply to at least not lose on Sunday v Spurs, a win, and I think we will be fine.

last 4 games are all winnable , unfortunately i think we will struggle , because the team is not confident and the fluency has gone from our play

Spurs lose
QPR win
Swansea lose
Saints draw

We will finish 4th by the skin of our teeth .

Simply based on CL income, especially as CL money improves next season, 2nd place finish vs 4th place finish could be a difference of 8m pounds.
Also 4th doesnt guarantee CL group stage.

So around 8m pounds more is up for grabs only by finishing 2nd vs 4th. Thats like the first year transfer cost of a 40m player signed for 5 years. Its not a huge amount compared to our income still just as good as a new sponsor would be with yearly 8m amount. Why throw that out and let Arse or even MU have it?

To be honest I dont see us finishing 2nd, either MU or Arsenal will have a really good run from now on, probably Arsenal. While I dont see us winning 4/4. Swansea imo certainly a draw or loss, we are gifting goals away literally.
QPR/Soton home games are tough as well, can see a draw in one of those games.

We lack complete organization off the ball, players look confused, some individual brilliance can push us over the line, Villa was good example, Guzan mistake, Kolarov freekick, and a bit lucky but good Fernandinho goal.

It's gonna be real close, imo there wont more than 1 point difference between 3rd and 4th in the end.

Dont fear of 5th anymore, Pool just not that good, WBA 0-0, tonight they will struggle again imo, they have a Sturridge upfront taken by aliens, and Balotelli who already scored one goal and thats his last one in Pool probably.:)

City1974 said:
Simple, if Liverpool lose or draw tonight away at Hull and we get at least a draw on Sunday v Spurs we should finish in the top 4. 3rd at best.

If Liverpool win tonight and then v QPR on Saturday and thus cut our advantage over them to 3 pts by the time we play Spurs, and we were to lose at Spurs, both Liverpool and Spurs (and maybe even Southampton) will be right on our tails and we are in a fight just to finish 4th.

Liverpool have to go to Chelsea still , whilst Utd and Arsenal still have to play each other, and Spurs have to play Stoke and Everton away, whilst Southampton have to come to us on the last day of course.

Thus the margin for errors is still small. Need simply to at least not lose on Sunday v Spurs, a win, and I think we will be fine.

Even if we lose to Spurs on Sunday, we would be 6 points ahead of them and 7 points ahead of Southamptom (if they win). We would need to win 1 out of our remaining three games to keep both of them at bay. I doubt we will lose 4 on the trot.

Our main focus should be Liverpool. Hopefully we win at Spurs.

If we manage to scramble at least 3rd who do we want to finish 4th if its between rags or red dippers?

Wrighty Wrexham said:
If we manage to scramble at least 3rd who do we want to finish 4th if its between rags or red dippers?

No question, red dippers all day long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.