The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

sam-caddick said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
sam-caddick said:
I think we can go on and win our last three games now, well hopefully anyway.

I think we will need United beating Arsenal if we want second though.

Yea. Win win situation. Would probably prefer liverpool to turn the heat up on the rags and arsenal win that one seen as there isn't a lot of difference between finishing second and third

I think psychologically it could play a part.

If Arsenal get second they will go into next season feeling superior to us and we can't have that happening in my opinion.

Yo can't give any sort of advantage to a rival, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.

Nah can't see it being an issue myself

I did not expect City to win 3 on the bounce after the Derby.

Funny old game. This was more like the old City. Not entirely comfortable but we looked a good team. Definitely think missing Yaya made us better

Encouraging to see the attitude as well. Where has that been all season?

Pellegrini wasn't happy with the post match questions about his future.

That looked like a 'things have been sorted out' performance to me.

We showed energy, desire, focus and will to win.

I think they've been told MP is a goner and which players are staying and going.

Stoned Rose said:
That looked like a 'things have been sorted out' performance to me.

We showed energy, desire, focus and will to win.

I think they've been told MP is a goner and which players are staying and going.

Never in a million years and who do you was doing the telling?
If you believe that you have no idea how a football club works
that would devalue any player being sold

I'd rather us miss out on 2nd & finish 3rd if it meant that the rags finished 5th behind Liverpool.

Anyone else?

cleavers said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
I'd rather us miss out on 2nd & finish 3rd if it meant that the rags finished 5th behind Liverpool.

Anyone else?
Not for me, I want us to finish the highest possible thanks.

The rags have an unlimited budget and they will spunk money again this summer. They will eventually challenge again, and the only way this won't happen is if they miss out on the Champions League again. I would happily sacrifice one non-crucial league position to see this happen.

Johnsonontheleft said:

Anyone else?

Nah, not for me. We finish as high as we can.

Besides, after our little title run in last year I've grown to hate those dirty scouse vermin almost as much as the rats. Both filthy, fucking horrible clubs with c###s of a fan base.

Not too impressed relinquishing our title to the chavs so let's at least make sure we finish 2nd.

Johnsonontheleft said:
cleavers said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

Anyone else?
Not for me, I want us to finish the highest possible thanks.

The rags have an unlimited budget and they will spunk money again this summer. They will eventually challenge again, and the only way this won't happen is if they miss out on the Champions League again. I would happily sacrifice one non-crucial league position to see this happen.

yhp, it could be the clincher over an A-List target in the summer, so I'd rather have one less competitive spending power on an equal footing to us in what they can offer.

2nd or 3rd means nothing to me, best runner-up? wow...candlelit shrine to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.