The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
cleavers said:
Not for me, I want us to finish the highest possible thanks.

The rags have an unlimited budget and they will spunk money again this summer. They will eventually challenge again, and the only way this won't happen is if they miss out on the Champions League again. I would happily sacrifice one non-crucial league position to see this happen.

yhp, it could be the clincher over an A-List target in the summer, so I'd rather have one less competitive spending power on an equal footing to us in what they can offer.

2nd or 3rd means nothing to me, best runner-up? wow...candlelit shrine to that.

I agree with jotl for once as posted on rag thread. Lose out CL and their budget is in disarray and they need a couple years to crawl out. Fuck em :)

As a born and bred Salford Blue the scum missing out on CL while us and Dippers are in there is too rich for me to let logic get in the way.
Won't happen though.

Deepest Blue said:
As a born and bred Salford Blue the scum missing out on CL while us and Dippers are in there is too rich for me to let logic get in the way.
Won't happen though.

Exactly my thoughts!

It would be even more satisfying, as just a couple of weeks ago, they were celebrating finishing above us!

Finishing second is important, not least because it would give us more PL money this season and more CL money next
BUT finishing third and the rags finishing fifth would be better. I think fifth would see the turtle getting his P45
and leave them in total disarray. The EL would put pay to them challenging for the PL next season and mean that they would
have to pay players a premium to get them to sign. The big picture is that they are our main rivals financially as well as
historically and the more pressure that is applied to them in that area the more likely they are to implode.

Deepest Blue said:
Won't happen though.

Two years running would be hilarious.

It's unlikely and a long shot but I would Kevin Keegan love it if the scousers pipped united for fourth spot. United could spontaneously spend limitless amounts to enhance champions league progress, Liverpool couldn't and didn't this season. Another year out of the competition would further deteriorate the rags.

hutton who blue said:
It's unlikely and a long shot but I would Kevin Keegan love it if the scousers pipped united for fourth spot. United could spontaneously spend limitless amounts to enhance champions league progress, Liverpool couldn't and didn't this season. Another year out of the competition would further deteriorate the rags.

yep. good point..lets get liverpool back in the champions league , they wont win it and it will fuck up their league form cos their squad isn,t good enough to compete on both fronts.utd out of champions league for another year would be beautiful.a dream.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Finishing second is important, not least because it would give us more PL money this season and more CL money next
BUT finishing third and the rags finishing fifth would be better. I think fifth would see the turtle getting his P45
and leave them in total disarray. The EL would put pay to them challenging for the PL next season and mean that they would
have to pay players a premium to get them to sign. The big picture is that they are our main rivals financially as well as
historically and the more pressure that is applied to them in that area the more likely they are to implode.

^^ is correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.