The race for the Top 4 - RUNNERS UP, a game to spare

Re: The race for the Top 4

They will finish 4th,Candlepool just piss poor,we can only dream they will receive a tough qualifying draw.They now have 2 extra games at the start of a long season and the threat of non qualification hanging over them all summer which would be a concern for players they may want to join them.

If TT has one on him for those games they could easily get dumped out.

MEN doing a feature at the moment on what a tough draw they could get and the financial implications of them not making CL as we speak....oh wait a minute.

Johnsonontheleft said:
I'd rather us miss out on 2nd & finish 3rd if it meant that the rags finished 5th behind Liverpool.

Anyone else?
I would definitely take this.

The difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd to us financially is (I guess) £15 million in Premier League prize and Champions League TV money. If united finish fourth they will be directly (and more effectively) competing with us for the players we want to sign this summer which could very well wipe that differential out in any event, as the price of players goes up.

This is before factoring in the impact of failing to qualify two years on the run would have on them financially, which would be significant. united are a force of nature commercially, which needs to be contained as best as possible if we are to continue to grow as a club as effectively as possible. In a few years, once we are more robustly established as a leading European club, it won't matter so much.

Plus they're a load of bitter small-time cunts. Don't forget that.

whp.blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
That looked like a 'things have been sorted out' performance to me.

We showed energy, desire, focus and will to win.

I think they've been told MP is a goner and which players are staying and going.

Never in a million years and who do you was doing the telling?
If you believe that you have no idea how a football club works
that would devalue any player being sold

Hence why I said 'I think'. I don't know how a football club works but then again neither do you.

Nobody would be 'devalued' if those fees/deals have already been decided which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Look back to the two games against Burnley to see why we are not nailed on to at least 2nd position.

Since they beat us on the 14th of March they have lost 6 successive league matches and played 9hrs 39mins 11secs of football without scoring a goal.

Every other team they have played twice have beaten them at least once, that's how poor we were.

I can still see Yaya and Dzeko poncing around trying not to get involved at Turf Moor, if Pellegrini goes he can thank those two for their efforts that day.

In a ideal world we need 4points from the last 3 to guarantee the rags cant top us for 3rd(min place).. tonight's game,hull/arse a win/draw would do us,(need hull to be fight relegation when the play the rags)
Then arse have 3 games in a week games(17-24) after hull & swansea h..rags away sunderland/wba(H)Then the FA cup 6days later.
rags place(A) will place be up for it i think so(W) or (L)or(D) if they lose would they bottle it with there next 2 games,arse & hull?(max point 74)
dippers chelsea(A) place(H) stoke(A)..will depends if there up for it or good enough to chase the rags..
For us am hoping for 2nd(hoping arse slip up in 1 or some of there remaining games)even draws would do for us..
Think its going to be squeaky bum time for some off them

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/race-for-top-four-4-games-to-go-edition.403909/page-10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/race-for ... 09/page-10</a>
Saturday evening should be our cup final.......win that and we have 4th imo.

So nice to see the rags so fking worried

Well baring an absolute mathematical turnaround of never before seen proportions we are guarenteed at least 4th, which 5 weeks ago I thought me might not acheive.

Two more wins and third is ours, we'll have to win all our remaining games though to grab second I think, although with the Gooners still having to go to the swamp it might not be essential.

Come on City lets finish the season in style, three straight wins already in the bag, lets add another three and then at least we can go into the summer feeling a whole lot better than we felt a few short weeks ago.

Serious question...

Would you sacrifice second place to the Arse, by them beating the scum - meaning we finish in third place, an automatic qualification position for the CL if it meant the scum ending up in fifth and failing to qualify for the CL?

Or would you rather see the scum beat Arsenal and get fourth which means we finish second?

Basically we win all our games and Arsenal do too, or would you want the scum to beat them and qualify?

Re: Serious question...

Second or third matters not.

United finishing 5th would be funny though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.