eversince 76 said:
Hoghead said:
SouthStandStander said:
First.
Second.
First.
Second.

I'd be happy with that from the past 4 seasons

And 2nd based on points the previous season (though 3rd on goal difference).

In summary by far the best PL-team over the last 5 years. And yes, we are allowed to included a FA and League Cup. Why not ... plus a Charity Shield.

Points since 2010/2011:

City 397
Rags 390
Chelsea 376
Arsenal 360
Spurs 330
Liverpool 317

Re: The race for the Top 4

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
eversince 76 said:
Hoghead said:

In summary by far the best PL-team over the last 5 years. And yes, we are allowed to included a FA and League Cup. Why not ... plus a Charity Shield.

Points since 2010/2011:

City 397
Rags 390
Chelsea 376
Arsenal 360
Spurs 330
Liverpool 317
What do you expect with all that money we've spent? ;-)

Ducado said:
SouthStandStander said:
First.
Second.
First.
Second.

It's not bad is it?

It's not, especially when you take into account that in the year before (10/11), we finished level with Chelsea in 2nd on 71 points and only gd separated us, very close to 5 consecutive top 2 finishes.

Edit: just saw posts before.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
eversince 76 said:
Hoghead said:

Points since 2010/2011:

City 397
Rags 390
Chelsea 376
Arsenal 360
Spurs 330
Liverpool 317

Interestingly in 2009-10 when we finished 5th under Sparkless / Mancini we were 19 points behind Chelsea & 18 behind the scum.
Most comparisons for the club of the decade, when they are made, will probably use that as the starting point. So we are currently
level with Chelsea and 11 behind the scum. 4 seasons and 2 games to go. I think if we get our business right this Summer we'll piss it
on league points. Chelsea have been successful in Europe so we really could also do with one or two CLs as well. It's remarkable how
we've risen. I still remember that twat 'arry celebrating after the Spuds game at the end of 2009-10, it seems a long time ago now.

eversince 76 said:
Hoghead said:
SouthStandStander said:
First.
Second.
First.
Second.

I have been thinking for some weeks that what you all say here has needed to be said, and said emphatically.
I have never subscribed to the “agenda” theory, but it's been striking how over the past five weeks or so the media have collectively transferred their love-fest from the rags (had a good run, played above their natural level for a while) to the Arse. Has anybody noticed how it has become an article of media faith recently that Arsenal are the best team in the land after Chelsea? This conveniently forgets that Arsenal's manager was being barracked by his own supporters on Stoke station platform as recently as the late autumn, after a truly abject display. Now Pellegrini's come in for some harsh words, deservedly so, sometimes, not least on this forum, but I simply can't imagine us doing that to him. That is, subjecting him to a public humiliation. And the media perspective conveniently finesses that fact that, taking the season as a whole — seasons don't start in January, I think — they have been not one jot better than us.
I suppose nothing should surprise me less than the fact that the media bow down to the rags, and if they can't get their tongue up the rags' collective fundament, the Arse will do. I confess that it has nevertheless wound me well up, and I am quietly pleased that in the light of last night's result, we may well get second spot, finally. We know that, by our own standards, we've had a poorish season, overall. But if we are runners-up, finally, and if we do end, as looks likely, as the highest scorers in the league, with a player who has scored more goals than any other sriker, but not good enough, apparently, to get into his fellow professionals' TOTY, well, doesn't that tell you something? So what will happen when we have a good season — again?
It still grates on me that, at the time, and still, occasionally, now, journos talk about Liverpool as being the highest scoring team in the PL last season.
We are not a club in crisis, whatever Savage, Lawrenson, et al. like to proclaim to the world. If being PL runners-up, if finishing first, second, first, second, over the last four seasons (I know, I know, it's not a done deal, at all) is crisis, then the others had better look out.
Two, three, maybe four players now need to move on. We can argue about who they are, but I think there's a degree of consensus. We clearly need to get two, maybe three, class players. My personal dream shopping list would include Pogba, and Sterling. And maybe Klopp. If Pellegrini is still here in September, that means — for sure — that the owners, and the Barca boys, know something that we don't.
Anybody else quietly enjoying what seems oddly like a feelgood factor in this end of season? The absolute low point was capitulating at the swamp — but god, wouldn't it be a beautiful end to your summer if you saw them kicked out in the qualifying rounds of the PL!
Interesting summer ahead, blues.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
eversince 76 said:

Points since 2010/2011:

City 397
Rags 390
Chelsea 376
Arsenal 360
Spurs 330
Liverpool 317
What do you expect with all that money we've spent? ;-)

But we keep being told by all media that we luckily won 2 titles due to other trams mistakes and have been and always will be shit.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
eversince 76 said:
Hoghead said:

I have been thinking for some weeks that what you all say here has needed to be said, and said emphatically.
I have never subscribed to the “agenda” theory, but it's been striking how over the past five weeks or so the media have collectively transferred their love-fest from the rags (had a good run, played above their natural level for a while) to the Arse. Has anybody noticed how it has become an article of media faith recently that Arsenal are the best team in the land after Chelsea? This conveniently forgets that Arsenal's manager was being barracked by his own supporters on Stoke station platform as recently as the late autumn, after a truly abject display. Now Pellegrini's come in for some harsh words, deservedly so, sometimes, not least on this forum, but I simply can't imagine us doing that to him. That is, subjecting him to a public humiliation. And the media perspective conveniently finesses that fact that, taking the season as a whole — seasons don't start in January, I think — they have been not one jot better than us.
I suppose nothing should surprise me less than the fact that the media bow down to the rags, and if they can't get their tongue up the rags' collective fundament, the Arse will do. I confess that it has nevertheless wound me well up, and I am quietly pleased that in the light of last night's result, we may well get second spot, finally. We know that, by our own standards, we've had a poorish season, overall. But if we are runners-up, finally, and if we do end, as looks likely, as the highest scorers in the league, with a player who has scored more goals than any other sriker, but not good enough, apparently, to get into his fellow professionals' TOTY, well, doesn't that tell you something? So what will happen when we have a good season — again?
It still grates on me that, at the time, and still, occasionally, now, journos talk about Liverpool as being the highest scoring team in the PL last season.
We are not a club in crisis, whatever Savage, Lawrenson, et al. like to proclaim to the world. If being PL runners-up, if finishing first, second, first, second, over the last four seasons (I know, I know, it's not a done deal, at all) is crisis, then the others had better look out.
Two, three, maybe four players now need to move on. We can argue about who they are, but I think there's a degree of consensus. We clearly need to get two, maybe three, class players. My personal dream shopping list would include Pogba, and Sterling. And maybe Klopp. If Pellegrini is still here in September, that means — for sure — that the owners, and the Barca boys, know something that we don't.
Anybody else quietly enjoying what seems oddly like a feelgood factor in this end of season? The absolute low point was capitulating at the swamp — but god, wouldn't it be a beautiful end to your summer if you saw them kicked out in the qualifying rounds of the PL!

Good post. Agree with all of it.

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
eversince 76 said:
Hoghead said:

Points since 2010/2011:

City 397
Rags 390
Chelsea 376
Arsenal 360
Spurs 330
Liverpool 317
Funny how SSN love their obscure statistics but they've never shown this one.

@BluePhil8 said:
Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
eversince 76 said:

Points since 2010/2011:

City 397
Rags 390
Chelsea 376
Arsenal 360
Spurs 330
Liverpool 317
Funny how SSN love their obscure statistics but they've never shown this one.
They wouldn't want to show something positive about City .
It all part of the agenda .........

Pam said:
Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
eversince 76 said:

Good post. Agree with all of it.

Absolutely spot on....................it is a relatively short time since we would have never believed that we could even finish top 4 !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.