The Rise of the Far Right

Yes but this is no different to the 1930s, 50s or 70s. You had the blackshirts in the 30s and Oswald Mosley, you had the “ keep Britain white campaigns of the 50s and the NF marches of the 70s, I caught the last 5 mins where they showed 150 people in a field, I’d be a lot more concerned if there was 5-10 thousand people there, I’m not downplaying what your saying because individuals could get beat up or even killed, but it’s always been here.

Jo Cox was killed in 2016 by a man shouting "Britain First". In 2019 several members of national action were jailed for plotting to kill another female MP.

This isn't helped by dogwhistle politics of a stagnating government with no answer to the issues that affect ordinary people's lives using racist culture wars to cling to power.

Last edited:
Fucking Hell!!

That sent shivers down my spine.

Collett is a dangerous ****, who uses Camus' great replacement theory to frighten people. Camus actually cited Enoch Powell in his works. Now Powell was many things, but I doubt he would be happy about Camus citing him.

The biggest worry in the programme is the targeting of kids, through that gaming stuff. I have no idea how it works, but i do know when i was at school one of the influencers on the political views I hold was a teacher, he wasn't the sole influencer but he helped me understand why the viewpoints I held made sense to me and he encouraged me to read further, not just read views that echoed mine, but views that contradicted mine. I hope that gave me some balance in my views where as Patriotic Alternative appear to be just brainwashing.

We live in dangerous times, Brexit helped the Overton window move rightwards and as soon as the likes of Farage weaponised immigration the country was moving in a direction i hoped i would never see. That has been seized upon and you have the likes of Steve Laws from Patriotic Alternative standing on the cliffs of Dover reporting on rafts of immigrants and Farage in the Channel saying they are throwing away their phones.

Small things like what them two cunts are doing add to the message and then Patel can come out with authoritarian and downright barbaric immigration policies.

Don't get me wrong here, i do not support open borders, I support immigration controls yet I also think our great country should show compassion to refugees.

The threat from the far right will grow as the cost of living crises really hits home, as they will use immigrants as scapegoats and sadly some will buy the nonsense.

As quite a deep thinking person I interpret dog whistles from Tory politicians pundits and newspapers as a sign that they don't really believe in a multicultural society.
Quite a dangerous game to play. But fascinating that they think can gaslight tens of millions of people and think that they can always control the endgame no matter what they put into their heads.

As quite a deep thinking person I interpret dog whistles from Tory politicians pundits and newspapers as a sign that they don't really believe in a multicultural society.
Quite a dangerous game to play. But fascinating that they think can gaslight tens of millions of people and think that they can always control the endgame no matter what they put into their heads.
They don't care about anything as long as they stay in power.

We really should be protesting about the transfer of power from parliament to the executive, but that avenue is now being closed off.

We are in dangerous waters. We have a Prime Minister, the first in our history being fined in office for breaking the law who has demonstrably lied to the house and the country, has shamelessly refused to accept what breaking the ministerial code means, and is hell bent on breaking international treaties with one of his ministers saying 'it will only be in a limited and specific way',

What a dreadful government we have, one that is totally devoid of any morals and is oblivious to the destruction their policies are having on the lives of ordinary people.

I can't think, in my 64 years,of a more useless, ineffecive and dishonest government than the one we currently have.

!9,000 hospital beds closed down, 50,000 doctors and nurses removed, and those that remain are bloody useless!

Lying twats, the lot of them.

You can feed yourself for 30p a meal if you can learn to cook.

It came from the mouth of a tory MP with personal experince of living on an annual salary of £84,000 plus expenses of over £200,000 a year.

It shouldn't be a surprise when he is licking the arse of his leader that bemoans his pitiful salary of £161,000 a year, and has £900 rolls of wallpaper paid for by donors feeling sorry for his impecunity!

Yeah, those guys really do have their fingers on the pulse of the nation.

I consider myself centre left. I can understand arguments on both sides, even both sides of an agenda (which I do. I listen to left and right podcasts) but my views now are classed as right. As are my friends who are even more left than me.. what does that tell you about how far the ideological left have gone? In my opinion the ‘right’ will make gains because no matter how left you think you are, you simply can’t be left enough.

I consider myself centre left. I can understand arguments on both sides, even both sides of an agenda (which I do. I listen to left and right podcasts) but my views now are classed as right. As are my friends who are even more left than me.. what does that tell you about how far the ideological left have gone? In my opinion the ‘right’ will make gains because no matter how left you think you are, you simply can’t be left enough.

Are you seeing both sides of all the arguments, though?

How about the the argument of "should we irreversibly damage the potential for all civilised life on Earth to continue by utterly destroying the climate we depend upon to live so that a tiny minority of shareholders can report continuing profit growth over the next few quarters?". Ultimately, people can both-sides things as much as they like, but the only place that's going to lead if more serious action isn't taken is everyone being very centrist and reasonable and intelligent and grown-up as they sweep past the corpses of their children as Sri Lanka goes underwater and millions of people are displaced across the globe as food supplies crash and the eco-system sucks itself into a plughole.

The only joy I can find in the situation is the idea of aliens beaming down in the future to a desolate planet only to find out that the human race spent the years facing the single most dangerous threat in it's entire history being stoked up about transgender people and Brexit and whether Johnny Depp hit his wife or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.