the sad demise of stretford arndale

warpig said:
I love Stretford Arndale. Well, i used to love Stretford Arndale.....

Before the Trafford Centre introduced the idea of infection free shopping to the area, everyone shopped at Stretford Arndale. It was the law. At its height in the 1980's Stretford Arndale boasted a rather impressive water feature, fish tanks that harboured life and a Stationary Box. These were happy times in my young and formative life, also a time when the number of oddballs were diluted by normal people. Alas these days are no more, Stretford Arndale is now the home of yobs, weirdos and a worrying number of people who aren't in possession of all their limbs (usually found in the sit down chippy by Sands). The water feature is now gone, the market is shut down and the fish tanks a long distant memory.

Today I went to Stretford Arndale and spotted a man that only Stretford Arndale could harbour. He was sitting outside the old Woolworths spraying shaving foam all over the place. Nobody batted an eyelid. To make matters worse you now have to pay to use the multi-storey car park. How dare they! The guy who came up to me and asked for 9p was the final straw.

So there you go my last visit to the mall....................

until next week :)

Sands - happy memories!!!!!!!!!

Agree, the Arndale is a very depressing place these days, don't go if I can avoid it.

Dobsy87 said:
That is beautiful warpig, you should write a collection of short stories. I'd buy them.

Thankyou dobsy, that is very kind of you to say. i will post further stories on the board next week.

int there a venue there green igloo or something like that

Michael Head played there recently I heard

shack fame blimey they were/are great

waterpistol great album

sands jeez ,sighs a big sigh of happy reminiscence

i go through the arndale most days on my way home from school and the people you see in there are hilarious, we also recently had to spend a WHOLE day in there!! for our GCSE Geography coursework wow we had so much fun :|

as for the green igloo thing, kronkonite, i think you must be on about the little pub thing outside not far from subway its the green windmill i think and it used to be called the moullin rouge until not so long ago, dont know much about it though obviously.

warpig said:
I love Stretford Arndale. Well, i used to love Stretford Arndale.....

Before the Trafford Centre introduced the idea of infection free shopping to the area, everyone shopped at Stretford Arndale. It was the law. At its height in the 1980's Stretford Arndale boasted a rather impressive water feature, fish tanks that harboured life and a Stationary Box. These were happy times in my young and formative life, also a time when the number of oddballs were diluted by normal people. Alas these days are no more, Stretford Arndale is now the home of yobs, weirdos and a worrying number of people who aren't in possession of all their limbs (usually found in the sit down chippy by Sands). The water feature is now gone, the market is shut down and the fish tanks a long distant memory.

Today I went to Stretford Arndale and spotted a man that only Stretford Arndale could harbour. He was sitting outside the old Woolworths spraying shaving foam all over the place. Nobody batted an eyelid. To make matters worse you now have to pay to use the multi-storey car park. How dare they! The guy who came up to me and asked for 9p was the final straw.

So there you go my last visit to the mall....................

until next week :)

its not even the arndale anymore is it? I drove past Stretford Mall yesterday. Just where it used to be.Thought - why the fvck do people find americanisms so exciting

anyway - you should try winsford shopping centre! The pound shops have sales on! Proper care in the community territory

im telling you know lads, quality save is heaven! pot noodles, coke, crisps!!! students heaven!!! greggs! can't believe mc donalds has gone! yeah i do agree stretford arndale has gone downhill over the past few years, should get totally refurbished and have an upstairs again!

i agree about quality save thats the main reason i go through lol 3 bottles of pepsi for a quid! also i reckon as soon as urmstons refurbishments are complete the arndale will be empty because urmston will offer a lot more.

same type of atmosphere in middleton arndale, where people try to 'stare you out' when they are not hitting their kids and shouting "come ere you licul bleeda!" to them.

It opened in 1969 apparently.

Floats like a butterfly ... stings like a bee ,
It once had a visit from Muhammed Ali!

He cut Safeways ribbon
To open their shop
If only he'd known
That standards would drop.

It's now the Mall
But does anyone care?
It's the Arndale , Stretford Arndale
How long will it be there?

Poor warpig's in ruins
Says he's going no more
But he'll be there next weekend
Nothing's more sure!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/features/traffordthroughtime/1595202._Grand_unveil__of_the_Stretford_Arndale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/fe ... d_Arndale/</a>

33y3ytj.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.