the sad demise of stretford arndale

I love Stretford Arndale. Well, i used to love Stretford Arndale.....

Before the Trafford Centre introduced the idea of infection free shopping to the area, everyone shopped at Stretford Arndale. It was the law. At its height in the 1980's Stretford Arndale boasted a rather impressive water feature, fish tanks that harboured life and a Stationary Box. These were happy times in my young and formative life, also a time when the number of oddballs were diluted by normal people. Alas these days are no more, Stretford Arndale is now the home of yobs, weirdos and a worrying number of people who aren't in possession of all their limbs (usually found in the sit down chippy by Sands). The water feature is now gone, the market is shut down and the fish tanks a long distant memory.

Today I went to Stretford Arndale and spotted a man that only Stretford Arndale could harbour. He was sitting outside the old Woolworths spraying shaving foam all over the place. Nobody batted an eyelid. To make matters worse you now have to pay to use the multi-storey car park. How dare they! The guy who came up to me and asked for 9p was the final straw.

So there you go my last visit to the mall....................

until next week :)

Never been in, however I had the pleasure of going in O'Brians 2 years ago for a pint

Last edited:
I remember being in the corner pocket pool hall above the el pat many many years ago and hiding behind a pool table as the Sheridan's (local scrote family) were having a huge scrap and there was glass being smashed all over the place.

A fitting tribute from the OP.

I remember Tandy's electrical shop. Also when McDonalds opened, they had no burgers ready, so they gave us free chips while we waited for the burgers. That little customer service gimmick didn't last very long, did it?

It was OK back in the day, but sadly, it's no longer worth visiting, especially if the have scrapped free parking. Northwich town centre is another dump to avoid, although they have a second hand record stall on the market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.