The Scottish Politics thread

His appointments are not impressive. You would have thought he would have the sense to surround himself with the best and cleverest people and then apply real leadership to them. Instead this is just a bunch of his pals who will try and out woke each other. It makes me sad as now Scotland is back to who the fuck do you vote for if you want competence let alone independence.

I wish them/they/him/she well going forward ;)

His appointments are not impressive. You would have thought he would have the sense to surround himself with the best and cleverest people and then apply real leadership to them. Instead this is just a bunch of his pals who will try and out woke each other. It makes me sad as now Scotland is back to who the fuck do you vote for if you want competence let alone independence.
I've not seen his appointments but I'm confident that quite a few of them will go against his principles based on the recent speech about race... It's surely all about having the skills and is ideally the best person to do the job that person is selected for and absolutely nothing else....

• Equal rights for fish
  • criminalisation of conservatism
  • every adult in Scotland to be awarded a tunnock tea cake and a can of Barrs Irn Bru

think I’m on to a winner.

The reality is it’s not about a leader. I too was disappointed at who ran. A bible bashing nutcase who can’t support gay marriage because of her belief in the Idiots Compendium of Insanity. If she is so guided by that book then she should be out killing people who work the Sabbath, people with tattoos, people who wear mixed fibre jumpers and on and on. So, I don’t want a leader who is so selective about where she draws her line. They also believe in Adam and Eve and a 6,000 year old universe, get yourself to fuck running a country when you deluded yourself that myth is fact.,

Humza is an ok guy and I know him, I wouldn’t have picked him as I don’t think he is a leader who can inspire. The other one is a no mark.

What we need to realise is it’s about Indy not an individual. It will be harder as Sturgeon was class. Sue ragdolled that cock DRoss on a daily basis and I am not convinced Humza has that.

I always had reservations about us doing it, we have a massive monarchy loving section who would trade a better life for a monarch, which is their right, regardless of how idiotic I feel that to be.

The one ace in the hole is our swirling around the toilet of Brexit and continued and eternal English electing of the Tories that might make people realise it’s time to say catch ye. I certainly hope so l, but won’t be holding my breath.

Shocking, everytime the SNP appoint aleader it's somebody that supports independence. It's a fix I reckon.

It's the same old from the SNP - Ross
Douglas Ross says says: "It's the same old from the SNP, another nationalist leader, when Scotland needs a national leader."

The Scottish Tory leader says that within minutes of becoming SNP leader he pushed for the powers to hold indyref2.

He says he demanded another independence vote when he spoke to the PM.

On Wednesday he says Yousaf appointed a minister for independence.

Don't know about you, but I really expected him to say he will now focus all his efforts on preserving the union, and working closely with the Tories to ensure austerity is properly implemented.

Last edited:
Don't know about you, but I really expected him to say he will now focus all his efforts on preserving the union, and working closely with the Tories to esnsure austerity is properly implemented.
I was hoping so, ah well maybe the next leader will be the unionist we were expecting.

The reality is it’s not about a leader. I too was disappointed at who ran. A bible bashing nutcase who can’t support gay marriage because of her belief in the Idiots Compendium of Insanity. If she is so guided by that book then she should be out killing people who work the Sabbath, people with tattoos, people who wear mixed fibre jumpers and on and on. So, I don’t want a leader who is so selective about where she draws her line. They also believe in Adam and Eve and a 6,000 year old universe, get yourself to fuck running a country when you deluded yourself that myth is fact.,

Humza is an ok guy and I know him, I wouldn’t have picked him as I don’t think he is a leader who can inspire. The other one is a no mark.

What we need to realise is it’s about Indy not an individual. It will be harder as Sturgeon was class. Sue ragdolled that cock DRoss on a daily basis and I am not convinced Humza has that.

I always had reservations about us doing it, we have a massive monarchy loving section who would trade a better life for a monarch, which is their right, regardless of how idiotic I feel that to be.

The one ace in the hole is our swirling around the toilet of Brexit and continued and eternal English electing of the Tories that might make people realise it’s time to say catch ye. I certainly hope so l, but won’t be holding my breath.
‘Idiots compendium of insanity’ is Irvine Welsh esc…I salute you for this.

A bible bashing nutcase who can’t support gay marriage because of her belief in the Idiots Compendium of Insanity. If she is so guided by that book then she should be out killing people who work the Sabbath, people with tattoos, people who wear mixed fibre jumpers and on and on.
That’s almost as offensive as some of her views, well done. Putting her religious beliefs aside she is the only one that displayed a level of candour and competence. What she said about Humza, it would appear a significant % of SNP voters agree with.
He comes over as pretty devoid of talent. If you know him maybe you know better but his ministerial career is littered with failure.
What we need to realise is it’s about Indy not an individual.
Not about the party either. It does need someone though to martial the case for independence and present it in a manner that the majority of Scot’s believe it’s the right way forward. Arguably none of the three that stood are capable of doing that but Yousaf is certainly incapable of that feat. My best guess is he won’t last a year.
Sturgeon must have a bloody good reason for standing down as it has put the independence case back years.

That’s almost as offensive as some of her views, well done. Putting her religious beliefs aside she is the only one that displayed a level of candour and competence. What she said about Humza, it would appear a significant % of SNP voters agree with.

He comes over as pretty devoid of talent. If you know him maybe you know better but his ministerial career is littered with failure.

Not about the party either. It does need someone though to martial the case for independence and present it in a manner that the majority of Scot’s believe it’s the right way forward. Arguably none of the three that stood are capable of doing that but Yousaf is certainly incapable of that feat. My best guess is he won’t last a year.
Sturgeon must have a bloody good reason for standing down as it has put the independence case back years.
There is arguably a greater depth of talent at Westminster than there appears to be at Holyrood, and that may not be to the SNP’s immediate benefit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.