The Scottish Politics thread

That’s almost as offensive as some of her views, well done. Putting her religious beliefs aside she is the only one that displayed a level of candour and competence. What she said about Humza, it would appear a significant % of SNP voters agree with.

He comes over as pretty devoid of talent. If you know him maybe you know better but his ministerial career is littered with failure.

Not about the party either. It does need someone though to martial the case for independence and present it in a manner that the majority of Scot’s believe it’s the right way forward. Arguably none of the three that stood are capable of doing that but Yousaf is certainly incapable of that feat. My best guess is he won’t last a year.
Sturgeon must have a bloody good reason for standing down as it has put the independence case back years.
I think Forbes would have probably been the best candidate, but you cannot have a fundamental religious person in charge of anything. Never mind a country. Personal view nobody has to agree, but I think they suffer from psychological issues of delusion and hearing voices. Science deniers get on my tits.

Humza isn’t a leader and isn’t an orator or an intellectual. He will be hounded as was a sturgeon but she had the jazz and how to deal with it. His cabinet is unknown. I can’t comment upon them as I don’t know enough.

It isn’t a Party issue, it’s more than that, but the SNP was the flagship and now we have Captain Pugwash.

Bottom line, we are fucked.

I think Forbes would have probably been the best candidate, but you cannot have a fundamental religious person in charge of anything. Never mind a country. Personal view nobody has to agree, but I think they suffer from psychological issues of delusion and hearing voices. Science deniers get on my tits.

Humza isn’t a leader and isn’t an orator or an intellectual. He will be hounded as was a sturgeon but she had the jazz and how to deal with it. His cabinet is unknown. I can’t comment upon them as I don’t know enough.

It isn’t a Party issue, it’s more than that, but the SNP was the flagship and now we have Captain Pugwash.

On that we agree 100%.

You know he is religious as well, right? He just isn't as naive as she was.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does better than we expect, by being almost too incapable of having the hounding get to him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he does better than we expect, by being almost too incapable of having the hounding get to him.
You’re right. He is religious too, far too for my liking. He would vote for stuff she wouldn’t, but it still fucks me off people can lead countries who think Adam and Eve were real. It’s no worse than both of them proclaiming an absolute belief in Santa and his command to keep buying toys.

All three of them gave me the feeling that I being forced to eat a shit sandwich, but I get to choose the type of bread.

Shocking, everytime the SNP appoint aleader it's somebody that supports independence. It's a fix I reckon.

It's the same old from the SNP - Ross
Douglas Ross says says: "It's the same old from the SNP, another nationalist leader, when Scotland needs a national leader."

The Scottish Tory leader says that within minutes of becoming SNP leader he pushed for the powers to hold indyref2.

He says he demanded another independence vote when he spoke to the PM.

On Wednesday he says Yousaf appointed a minister for independence.

He will push independence back further than even his biggest political enemies could dream of.

He is fucking useless and has so little public trust and support, his first fuck up will do for him.

He will push independence back further than even his biggest political enemies could dream of.

He is fucking useless and has so little public trust and support, his first fuck up will do for him.
He will destroy the SNP vote, but until that glorious day , Scotland is the RMS Titanic without even a single life boat.

People will be too scared to criticise the race baiter in the same way they managed to get rid of the ' Protestant '.

People will be too scared to criticise the race baiter in the same way they managed to get rid of the ' Protestant '.

Potentially, to some extent.

What is absolutely certain though is, it will bring the nutters out to make a meal of it at the first opportunity. Your own comment being a good example.

You could well be totally right about him. But I would doubt that would push back independence as a 'movement'. I just don't think that is how it works, in the same way it wouldn't have been pushed forward with a more capable or charismatic leader.

If he were in charge of a Brexit party, would it have put you off the desire for Brexit? Farage, Gove, Mogg etc didn't put people off that, nor Salmond in first indyref, so why might someone as insignificant as him have that effect. Unless I have misunderstood your point.

Independence is imo probably stuck at a stalemate point, with no meaningful swings in either direction for the forseeable future, while remaining the prime topic most of that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.