The Smiths & Morrissey thread

39 years ago today I caught the Football Special train from Manchester Piccadilly to Brighton to watch City.
On the way down I noted in the NME gig guide that The Smiths were playing in Coventry that night and the train was stopping at Coventry.
On the way back I jumped off the train and with £5 in my pocket I walked to the Poly. Got a ticket outside face value and enjoyed the gig.
Walked to a relatives home who lived in the area.
They lent me the money to get home the next day.
It was the first of my 5 Smiths gigs.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1678481687594.jpg
    FB_IMG_1678481687594.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
39 years ago today I caught the Football Special train from Manchester Piccadilly to Brighton to watch City.
On the way down I noted in the NME gig guide that The Smiths were playing in Coventry that night and the train was stopping at Coventry.
On the way back I jumped off the train and with £5 in my pocket I walked to the Poly. Got a ticket outside face value and enjoyed the gig.
Walked to a relatives home who lived in the area.
They lent me the money to get home the next day.
It was the first of my 5 Smiths gigs.
Good decision!

Moz tickets for Leeds were supposed to go on sale today but were taken off sale before they were due to go on for some reason. Not sure why.

London tonight

Our Frank / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Without Music The World Dies / Half A Person / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Interesting piece on young people today and The Smiths
This was very much in evidence at the Apollo gig last October. Many of the Gen Xers with their own Gen Zs tagging along (mine included, mainly thanks to her step dad)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.