The Southampton Thread!

Just seen the highlights of their game, they look OK but I was listening to part of the game coming home this afternoon and they Sunderland were really giving them a game until the 2nd went in

Ducado said:
Just seen the highlights of their game, they look OK but I was listening to part of the game coming home this afternoon and they Sunderland were really giving them a game until the 2nd went in

I think until it was 5-0, Sunderland actually had more attempts on target. Bizarre.

If they can keep this form up until New Year then as long as they get their recruitment correct in January, which is something I think they will need to do to freshen things up and add some squad depth, then they have a real chance of getting into the Champions League this season.

I think at least one place in the top 4 is wide open to an outsider this season, could it be Southampton??

It would be great for the league!

Mannone looked like he had a bet on a Southampton win. Bizarre game.

sam-caddick said:
If they can keep this form up until New Year then as long as they get their recruitment correct in January, which is something I think they will need to do to freshen things up and add some squad depth, then they have a real chance of getting into the Champions League this season.

I think at least one place in the top 4 is wide open to an outsider this season, could it be Southampton??

It would be great for the league!
I just don't see it. They lack the quality and squad depth. If they can get top 7 that would be a great season. The top 4 will be the usual teams by the end of the season.

They have had a fantastic start to the season and apart from Lallana, I don't think they missed any of the players they sold. Clyne is better than Chambers and Bertrand at the moment is at least as good as Shaw is. Pelle is an upgrade on Lambert and was never the biggest fan of Lovren.

At times it seemed that the sunderland players hadnt realised that the team pla ying in red and white stripes was southampton

JoeMercer'sWay said:
IH8MUFC said:
Mannone looked like he had a bet on a Southampton win. Bizarre game.
yeah, just like he looked like he had a bet on not beating us at the Etihad last season when he let Nasri's goal in, dodgy keeper.
Surely Pantillimon will get a chance now?

Brilliant start to the season.

The top four, apart from us and Chelsea, is wide open. They should be going for it, I don't think any of the other contenders are very strong at all.

cibaman said:
At times it seemed that the sunderland players hadnt realised that the team pla ying in red and white stripes was southampton

I thought this seeing Mannone's pass to Tadic for the six or seventh (lost count).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.