The spending is not over!

Anyone knows if we are really willing to buy at least one new player? Because as far as I know there are some rumours that we are planning to buy new CB but shouldn't we sell Barry or Garcia first to make some space? And I can't really find any reliable rumours suggesting potential departures from the club and that is why I am thinking that Pelle might be done with the squad for now despite saying something about squad ,,almost complete" which clearly suggests that he would like to add another player.

Cook said:
Anyone knows if we are really willing to buy at least one new player? Because as far as I know there are some rumours that we are planning to buy new CB but shouldn't we sell Barry or Garcia first to make some space? And I can't really find any reliable rumours suggesting potential departures from the club and that is why I am thinking that Pelle might be done with the squad for now despite saying something about squad ,,almost complete" which clearly suggests that he would like to add another player.
Barry and Garcia are DMs, if we sell them we need a DM ( I hear Gustavo is up for sale).

NoahCity said:
Cook said:
Barry and Garcia are DMs, if we sell them we need a DM ( I hear Gustavo is up for sale).

The reason Barry and Garcia are mentioned as possibly leaving is that we have signed a midfielder in Fernandinho and now have 7 players who can play in centre midfield. Even if we sell Sinclair we still have a full squad for the Champions League, so in order for use to sign a CB we have to sell first whether it's Barry, Garcia or even Kolarov.

Do people really think the spending is not over?

If it isn't I can't believe how quiet it is, there isn't so much as any speculation in the media.

argyle said:

If it isn't I can't believe how quiet it is, there isn't so much as any speculation in the media.

If it isn't then we'll be failing to prepare........

In order to give the best account of ourselves in all competition we still need a centre half and a left winger,i'd also hope for a better left back.

FantasyIreland said:
argyle said:

In order to give the best account of ourselves in all competition we still need a centre half and a left winger,i'd also hope for a better left back.

I think we will do more business, trading squad players like Kolarov, Sinclair etc. Not big money deals.

It could be that the club has decided that its tactically better to leave those sorts of deals until nearer the end of the transfer window. More players will become available to choose from. It will not matter as much that those players haven't been involved in our pre season.

FantasyIreland said:

I think a DM is more important than a left winger. We have enough firepower as it is, but if either one of Yaya or Fernandinho get injured, then our chances in the Champions league greatly diminish.

FantasyIreland said:
argyle said:

You are right, we do need centre half, left winger and probably left back. But it seems that we are not selling Kolarov, Barry or Garcia. We are selling Sinclair though but we still have enough attacking options so in order to buy someone similar to Navas on our left side we do need to offload more player. So to sum up, if we sell Kolarov we can buy his replacement and if we sell Garcia and Barry we will be able to buy both centre half and left winger because in that case Milner can play in the middle so we will have some space to bring in new winger. IMO we will do the above mentioned moves in the next transfer window because why would Pellegrini wait so long now. It's been awhile since we've played in the Audi Cup so Pellegrini had plenty of time to make his moves but I guess he believes that too many changes at once might have bad impact on the team and he is probably right.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
unsworthblue said:
Samba looked a real quality player about 3 years ago for Blackburn,gave 100% every game and looked a solid defender who could cause big problems at set pieces,he's gone on to make some serious amounts of money but his career has suffered drastically,i believe he's got gold encrusted windows on his Range Rover worth £80,000,sounds a right dick to me

Aye 3 years ago says it all. Last year at QPR he was shite with a Capital S.
and a capital I T and E too.

He was immense at Blackburn but I don't think he's that player anymore. Unless it was just poor form last season.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:24 pm --<br /><br />
Cook said:
FantasyIreland said:
argyle said:

You are right, we do need centre half, left winger and probably left back. But it seems that we are not selling Kolarov, Barry or Garcia. We are selling Sinclair though but we still have enough attacking options so in order to buy someone similar to Navas on our left side we do need to offload more player. So to sum up, if we sell Kolarov we can buy his replacement and if we sell Garcia and Barry we will be able to buy both centre half and left winger because in that case Milner can play in the middle so we will have some space to bring in new winger. IMO we will do the above mentioned moves in the next transfer window because why would Pellegrini wait so long now. It's been awhile since we've played in the Audi Cup so Pellegrini had plenty of time to make his moves but I guess he believes that too many changes at once might have bad impact on the team and he is probably right.
We don't need a left winger.

Anyone from Jovetić Silva Nasri and even Milner as a last resort (played there for half an hour in München last week) will play on the left.

Silva has played on the left of a 4 for Valencia in the past and has played on the left of a 3 for Valencia and Spain numerous times. Jovetić likes playing on the left of a 3 (as he's said himself in his press conference) and has done so for Fiore many times and Montenegro.

Train said:
FantasyIreland said:

I think a DM is more important than a left winger. We have enough firepower as it is, but if either one of Yaya or Fernandinho get injured, then our chances in the Champions league greatly diminish.

If we can find buyers for Garcia,Razak and Barry,i'd agree we could upgrade.
We have Rodwell and Milner who can adequately cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.