The spending is not over!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Manchester City

Manchester City were always going to loosen their belts after last season’s trophyless campaign led to the departure of manager Roberto Mancini. But the Italian’s successor Manuel Pellegrini has been hung out to dry by a reckless spending spree. Having already disposed with €111m, only Monaco have spent more this window. Yet City’s current squad is arguably weaker now than it was when it flopped so horribly in Europe last term.

The signings of Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic at a combined cost of over €50m smacked of desperation following the failure to capture primary targets. These are forwards far inferior to their predecessors Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez who departed for just €28m. Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho, at €40m, was also horribly overpriced and only Sevilla winger Jesus Navas at €20m can be regarded as good business. All of City’s arrivals will perform adequately, but a club with the ambitions of challenging for the Champions League must set the bar much higher. Pellegrini's men are currently light-years behind Bayern and Real Madrid.

From "The winners and losers of the transfer window so far" on Goal.com this morning!
If Goal.com was a paper I wouldn't even use it to wipe my ass. Its basically a site written by bloggers that no so much less than fuck all I would rather contract aids and talk about golf with an amoeba

You dont know do you ??

richball_PF55 said:
dont need a new CB especially one like Pepe..

please god don't sign Pepe...
Baines would be a great signing , would have to talk him out of joining Moyes at the swamp , think Everton want £18mill but we could recoup £6-7 mill on selling kolorov, worth it to see the look on moyes face

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A fun few weeks still be had.

Great for City.

Not so good for the transfer forum.

Fecking terrible for our rivals.

2zgt6wm.gif

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
bournemouthblue said:
A top class experienced defender is a must for me...kompany out last season we struggled....a must.

And his stand-in has also been released!! We must buy a centre half, we simply must!!

Agreed, a top class CB is required but i'm not sure Pepe is the right choice. He is obviously a great defender, but he will expect to start every game and Nastasic has to start imo. His development is far too important to jeopardise by playing him second fiddle.

Theirs a lot of quality CB's out there who can fit the bill. We just need to find our "Dante".

tolmie's hairdoo said:
A fun few weeks still be had.

Great for City.

Not so good for the transfer forum.

Fecking terrible for our rivals.

Tolm, have i mentioned that i love and indeed hate you in equal measure?

Saif1994 said:
LoveCity said:
IJOtBn4.jpg

Kolarov still seems to be on the market despite some reports to the contrary. Juventus has offered another loan + option to buy deal according to Gazzetta, a reputable Italian journalist (Pedulla) says Inter are talking to his agent again, and Turkish newspapers say Galatasaray are well in for him. So if he goes hopefully we can land a quality left wing-back which we are really lacking considering we use our full-backs a lot for width.

And a CB, I'd love Pepe.

If Tolmie is hinting at another big signing, I reckon that could be one of the left-siders like Reus, Draxler, Di Maria (I know he plays on the right for RM but only because Ronaldo hogs the left). Remember, we never truly landed an alternative to Isco - in Pellegrini's own words, Jo Jo and Negredo are replacements for Mario and Tevez.

Bernard... Can play right wing, left wing, left attacking midfield and left forward.

heading to Porto.

we don't need him, he needs to develop and improve his game. He'll do that there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.