Lamela Holtby Sigurdsson
Defoe

Lindegaard
Smalling Ferdinand Jones Buttner
Nani Cleverley Anderson Young
Kagawa
Welbeck

I'd say ours is as good as any
Not bad, the only problem there is I would play Yaya/Fernandinho alongside Rodwell because Garcia doesn't cut it. The only problem with this lineup is Jovetic, Rodwell and Richards are never fit!

To me, where we were lacking most against Blackburn was the poor quality of service into the box when we'd worked ourselves into good positions. Without Navas and Kolarov, the quality of cross just isn't there.

The majority of our second team are happy to keep playing the simple sideways pass and pass the problem onto someone else. We can get away with one or two coming in but when they all play together we don't create many chances.

NoahCity said:
kun said:
Pants
Richards Demichelis Lescott Clichy
Garcia Rodwell
Navas Jovetic Milner
Dzeko

Fabianski
Jenkinson *NO-ONE* Vermaelen Monreal
Arteta Flamini
Ox-Chamberlain Rosicky Podolski
Bendtner

Schwarzer
Azpilicueta Luiz Kalas Bertrand
Essien Mikel
de Bruyne Mata Schurrle
Torres

Jones
Kelly Kolo Agger Cissokho
Sterling Allen *NO-ONE*
Alberto Aspas Moses

Friedel
Naughton Chiriches Kaboul Fryers
Capoue Paulinho
Lamela Holtby Sigurdsson
Defoe

Lindegaard
Smalling Ferdinand Jones Buttner
Nani Cleverley Anderson Young
Kagawa
Welbeck

I'd say ours is as good as any
Not bad, the only problem there is I would play Yaya/Fernandinho alongside Rodwell because Garcia doesn't cut it. The only problem with this lineup is Jovetic, Rodwell and Richards are never fit!

Exactly and that is the problem! Add Guidetti to the list of players never fit and we have almost half a team of crocks.

Think we need to strenghen in the midfield and up front and 1 defender in the summer for me lescott garcia rodwell dzeko and jovetic need replacing and we have to make pogba 1 of them replacements.

Richards, Guidetti, Rodwell and Jovetic a black hole in our squad, from which no light escapes?

Yet all 3 we are led to believe are not seriously injured (hamstring, and knee I think) so perhaps there is some light at the end of the tunnel, but all 3 players have been at this stage throughout this season hence the scepticism. All teams have injuries, but of the top sides, I can think of only Utd with Fletcher and RVP who have comparable problems.

The midfield needs one or two more players and it's a pity no one has stepped up from the academy.

One mistake that Pellegrini has made as manager is in not bringing through any young players into the squad. All the Cups gave opportunities, and the thing about young players is that they are hungry - that was what was missing at Blackburn. Some of the players are not hungry. Arsenal's players are hungry because they have won nothing and they are being questioned all the time. They have a point to prove. We could get an instant response by bringing through one or two young players. Ready or not they would do better than a senior player coasting in 2nd gear.

When I see games like Blackburn away I am reminded of last season when we had Mancini on one side, a manager bristling with anger and determination, and a seemingly carefree squad free-wheeling through the season. Pellegrini was appointed because Mancini had lost the dressing room, but maybe the dressing room has an inherent fault? They've been there and done it. The League Cup semi-final and FA Cup replay will answer these questions - one way to solve it would be to put one or two kids on the bench. Pellegrini's only excuse for not doing so may be that the potential young players were injured at the time of the Cup games

After the match yesterday,on the coach home,the myth of our squad depth was our main topic.

We desperately need upgrades on Garcia,LESCOTT,boyatta,Dzeko,

Then sort out rodwell,jovetic, enigmas, and maybe it won't be a myth.
I do like the way pellegrini rotates,it's just that the players that form the depth are not as good as we hoped they would be or are not reliable,as pellegrini continues to put faith in them.

Eventually something will bite us on the ARSE,

Totally agree with the above posts. Our 25 man squad is permanently without Rodwell, Jovetic and Richards.
Throw in injuries to Demechellis, Aguero and Nasri (all missing yesterday) and we're struggling with the amount of games we're playing.
Think in the next window squad players will be added and their injury record will be under scrutiny!

Mentioned this in another thread. You can't have a squad of 22 world class players: you won't find 11 world class players that will settle for being back-ups or 22 that will accept constant rotation... You have to get by with having some back-up players who are simply good (to very good). Like many things in life it is about balance.

The OP referred specifically to midfield and in that area, Arsenal's back-ups are probably closer in quality to their first choice midfield than ours are to one another. However, our first choice midfield is, IMO, easily the best in the league. Exeter Blue has been making the point recently that in some squads, Arsenal being the prime example, the composition the squads is more seamless. I think is probably true that Arsenal can interchange their midfield without much variation in style and quality than we can. Pellegrini will need time to evolve his squad to one that is completely designed to play his way. I doubt that Manny would sanction the purchase of another James Milner; just as I doubt that Wenger would be bidding for Jimmy if we transfer listed him. Jimmy might, IMO, be the most overrated player, by a big chunk of our supporters, in City's squad but he is still a very useful player.

I could waffle on but the family have decided my rather excellent French toast is required.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.