The Squad planning thread

Some fans always seem to want wholesale changes but that rarely works, just look at the chavs.

We only need a couple of players really; Bellingham and a top class left back that can actually defend.

I think de Bruyne‘s drop in form is just temporary, he’s still the best attacking midfielder in the league and it would be stupid to sell him.

Bernardo could go though, with Bellingham his replacement.
Perhaps.

Our squad is aging though.

Bernardo wants out and will likely leave soon - Gundo seems too to at least be open to transfer. KDB is class still - at 31 he likely has 2 or 3 years at top form. Mahrez too is 31. Ditto 2 or 3 years more of top form.

In the near to short term I think that our squad needs freshening - with young, enthusiastic, talented players.

Harwood-Bellis, McAtee and Mebude. Sorted :-)
:-) - our recruiting isn't that dire. At the same time - we need to kick up recruiting big big time.

For what it's worth - I think this season's P/L title is going to Arsenal. We're not capable of playing perfect football and even that won't necessary catch the Gunners - if anything the gap will widen. 2nd place for us this year.

Last edited:

Poor player and an even worse human being

That wasn't my point. I don't care for the player. I'm just saying avoiding the name Mendy because some ex-player we no longer want to be associated with had the same name, is silly.

If this Mendy is a shitty person, then don't hire him coz he is a shitty person. But the shortness of this Mendy or the prior Mendy shouldn't be a basis for determining if we'd hire someone with the name Mendy l.

For me if would be
Gundo 100 percent ( too old for us now . Fantastic servent)
Silva needs to put a request in or shut the rumours down .
Cancelo miles off form and looks like his heads been turned .
Mahrez playing well atm but that can soon change .
Kdb love him to stay and just hoping his form drop is a one off .
Kyle Walker starting to decline and could go to sheff Utd if they. Get promoted .
Laporte. Is the only defender who could move on back to Spain .
All these players have been legends for us but time waits for no one and it’s time to start to change the guard .
Out of that list i would say Bernardo and Laporte are the only two that would more than likely go right now.

As you say, Walker may leave if Sheff U go up.

I think Gundogan might stay if he accepts a squad role, he would still be club captain and he'd have a lot of influence in the dressing room and by helping the young players during training etc.
Mahrez is on too much of a good thing so he'll stay and i think Cancelo would stay if he could play RB!

The big question is Kev.
We were talking about this the other day and saying if we won the CL, could Kev leave?

I'm not advocating this at all as i luv Kev and it's shocking to think, but if and it's a big IF we did win the CL, he'd have won everything he could possibly win with us and may think his time has come to a natural end!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.