The standard of written English on this forum

I remember the kippax said:
Now I realise that I may just be another "Grumpy Old Man", however I am sick of the standard of written English on Blue Moon. I realise that some people may be dyslexic (my ex was) but there really is no excuse.

I actually picked a poster up on his spelling and some other guy jumped in saying does it matter - you understood what he was trying to say.

Well, this may sound like a tirade (and it is) but I am bloody sick of this text speak, wrong spelling and the "I just can't be bothered with the difference between there, their and they're or no, now and know" etc...

As an ex-Royal Signals Yeoman I am well used to the art of decoding messages but I really shouldn't have to do it now I have left the sodding green and trying to read posts on a forum

Rant over, thank you for consigning my ire to Cyberspace.....

Puts "Tin Hat On" and awaits comments....... ;-)

j00Z 9RU/\/\P'/ 0LD b4574RD pULL j00R |-|34D 1|\| \/\/1LL j00Z. 7|-|3 |\|37 \/\/45|\|'7 /\/\4D3 Ph0R 0LD Ph4R75 L1|<3 j00Z 50 1Ph j00Z d0|\|7 L1|<3 17 PhU(|< 0PhPh.

"Buffalo Buffalo, buffalo Buffalo Buffalo, Buffalo Buffalo buffalo"

-- Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 pm --

Challenger1978 said:
I remember the kippax said:
Now I realise that I may just be another "Grumpy Old Man", however I am sick of the standard of written English on Blue Moon. I realise that some people may be dyslexic (my ex was) but there really is no excuse.

I actually picked a poster up on his spelling and some other guy jumped in saying does it matter - you understood what he was trying to say.

Well, this may sound like a tirade (and it is) but I am bloody sick of this text speak, wrong spelling and the "I just can't be bothered with the difference between there, their and they're or no, now and know" etc...

As an ex-Royal Signals Yeoman I am well used to the art of decoding messages but I really shouldn't have to do it now I have left the sodding green and trying to read posts on a forum

Rant over, thank you for consigning my ire to Cyberspace.....

Puts "Tin Hat On" and awaits comments....... ;-)

j00Z 9RU/\/\P'/ 0LD b4574RD pULL j00R |-|34D 1|\| \/\/1LL j00Z. 7|-|3 |\|37 \/\/45|\|'7 /\/\4D3 Ph0R 0LD Ph4R75 L1|<3 j00Z 50 1Ph j00Z d0|\|7 L1|<3 17 PhU(|< 0PhPh.

You grumpy old bastard pull your head in, will you. The net wasn't made for old farts like you so if you don't like it fcuk off.

I think is the translation.

oneyeartillheaven said:
"Buffalo Buffalo, buffalo Buffalo Buffalo, Buffalo Buffalo buffalo"

-- Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 pm --

Challenger1978 said:

You grumpy old bastard pull your head in, will you. The net wasn't made for old farts like you so if you don't like it fcuk off.

I think is the translation.

I helped build the net for young whippersnappers like you - never should've opened that Pandora's box

I've been a member for over 2 years and been reading it since 2006. It has changed a lot.

In the past year the pace of change has increased and a huge number of new people have joined. There are a lot more thick people on this forum these days who seem to see Bluemoon as just another place to chat the same crap that they do everywhere else on the internet. It's sad.

The saving grace is that a few do stay around and contribute properly, and as a result the core of bluemoon also gets stronger.

The forum is changing, and that's good in a way, but at the moment, I think it could either way. Bluemoon could descend into to total txt speak, short msg, post pic n gif hell ,or we could see it rising again as something a lot better.

Can't see a half way house at the minute.

oneyeartillheaven said:
I helped build the net for young whippersnappers like you - never should've opened that Pandora's box

I think you may find I am on your side.

and I am 35 and I too remember the Kippax

-- Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:21 pm --

I think you may find I am on your side.

and I am 35 and I too remember the Kippax.

still young to me fella lol but welcome on board to the side of reasoned and well thought out debate

yeseye said:
Swales lives said:
I can't be arsed reading through the whole thread, but the basic premise of the thread is correct.
Spelling and grammar throughout British society is appalling. I work with graduates and their mistakes are atrocious.

At least 70% of the posts on this forum appear to have been constructed by complete fucking morons.
What about the other 20%?

Class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.