The Stone Roses

Didsbury Dave said:
LongsightM13 said:
ste1969 said:
Great band on record....... was always a bag of shit live.you would have seen more life when the pope was at heaton park!!
That was the last time I set foot in Heaton Park. And it looks like I won't be going this month either

You didn't go to "Cities In The Park" in 1991?

The Sunday was a good day, ACR, Happy Mondays, Electronic, 808 State etc.
I was on holiday.
Didn't Factory/Tony Wilson also hold that '10th Summer' festival at Heaton Park, New Order etc, to mark a decade since the pistols played at the Free Trade Hall?

exileindevon said:
latest news from the wireless.great gig drummer went home without doing encore.drummers are ten a penny they will probably get another knucklehead to bash away at the back

If you can get me ten drummers as good as Reni for a penny, I'll have a pounds worth please.

Average drummers may be ten a penny, but Reni is certainly not an average drummer!

LongsightM13 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
LongsightM13 said:
That was the last time I set foot in Heaton Park. And it looks like I won't be going this month either

I was on holiday.
Didn't Factory/Tony Wilson also hold that '10th Summer' festival at Heaton Park, New Order etc, to mark a decade since the pistols played at the Free Trade Hall?

The main gig for The Festival of The Tenth Summer was at GMEX - New Order, Smiths, ACR etc. I was at that one, it was 86. There were also smaller events around the City. Nothing at Heaton Park though.

the comments off that youtube video are saying the gig wasn't up to much.

Didsbury Dave said:
LongsightM13 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I was on holiday.

The main gig for The Festival of The Tenth Summer was at GMEX - New Order, Smiths, ACR etc. I was at that one, it was 86. There were also smaller events around the City. Nothing at Heaton Park though.

can't believe you failed to put The Fall down first DD for the G-Mex gig;-)

I only went so i could see the Railway Children...!

M18CTID said:
ban-mcfc said:

Well one said it was and one said it wasn't so who knows which one is closest to the truth?

I don't have high hopes for the Heaton Park gig.

i must have read the ones the guy who didn't.

i can't see it being that great vocally but hopefully it will be a good day.

ban-mcfc said:
M18CTID said:
ban-mcfc said:

Well one said it was and one said it wasn't so who knows which one is closest to the truth?

I don't have high hopes for the Heaton Park gig.

i must have read the ones the guy who didn't.

i can't see it being that great vocally but hopefully it will be a good day.

Yeah, it might turn out quite well if everyone joins in and helps Brown out with his singing. We've got the Sunday and the short straw with the support acts but may as well just try and make the most of it.

They were pulling stunts like this 20 odd years ago and again now . People are still lapping it up .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.