The Stone Roses

ultimateharold said:
Someone name the Roses song when Reni really shines out, or your favourite bit.

I'll have a re listen.

Reni is evidently a top notch drummer with tracks like Elephant Stone showcasing this. If you don't rate him then please name some contemporaries who you believe are better.

Lavinda Past said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
Lucky Toma said:
Reni is a below-average drummer is he? Sweet Jesus.

Reni is a superb drummer, it's a fact.

According to wikipedia?

No mate, according to my eyes and ears over a substantial period of time. That has also seen and heard countless other drummers who aren't fit to adjust his snare.
I've also read a number of well-respected musicians who sing his praises to the rafters and claim he is one of the most naturally gifted drummers around.

Why would I want or need to go on Wikipedia for anything to do with the Roses?
Do you go on there to check up on City? No? Well there ya go.

Not for me the Stone Roses are a very average rock band, nearly pissed myself the other day when a TV advert said they are one of the worlds greatest ever bands.

peoffrey said:
ultimateharold said:
Someone name the Roses song when Reni really shines out, or your favourite bit.

I'll have a re listen.

Reni is evidently a top notch drummer with tracks like Elephant Stone showcasing this. If you don't rate him then please name some contemporaries who you believe are better.

Not knowing indie, I can only throw metal and alternative drummers at you.

But having listened to this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lmEBa4I0so[/youtube]

I need to go and get some air/leave for my home planet.

As for contemporaries, who aren't too obscure.

Danny Carey.
You could count Grohl(I dislike Nirvana too)
Chad Smith.

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Lucky Toma said:
Davs 19 said:
First off, love the Roses. Second off, Reni isn't an average drummer, he's not that good. Doesn't matter though, 'cos that's not he point of the band. Next up you'll be telling me Ian Brown can sing :)

Reni is a below-average drummer is he? Sweet Jesus.

Reni is a superb drummer, it's a fact.

No it's not.

Bluebee2 said:
Not for me the Stone Roses are a very average rock band, nearly pissed myself the other day when a TV advert said they are one of the worlds greatest ever bands.

A bit much to put them up with the all time greats considering they've only brought out 2 albums in their entire existence - not all their fault as there was a protracted legal battle with Silvertone that knocked production of their second album back years but even so, they'd need to churn out a few more highly rated records to be considered all time greats.

A fairer assessment would be to say that their debut album remains one of the finest studio albums of all time. IMHO of course.

ban-mcfc said:
the comments off that youtube video are saying the gig wasn't up to much.

These are people that expected the music to be like that on the album!

I bet about 80% of them cunts commenting on that video haven't even seen Ian Brown live once!!

Most of the people going to the Roses gigs are kids that have jumped on the over-hype bandwagon, I personally really want to go see the Roses, I've got tickets to go and will be looking forward to it when the day comes!

M18CTID said:
Bluebee2 said:

A bit much to put them up with the all time greats considering they've only brought out 2 albums in their entire existence - not all their fault as there was a protracted legal battle with Silvertone that knocked production of their second album back years but even so, they'd need to churn out a few more highly rated records to be considered all time greats.

A fairer assessment would be to say that their debut album remains one of the finest studio albums of all time. IMHO of course.

Bang on the money. Loved 'em. Great Musicians ? No, nowhere near, although squires wasn't at all bad. Great band ? Absolutely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.