The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
Funny how Arsenal blocking our keeper and scoring against us was great tactics and perfectly legal goal with no crying and candle burning, but ours against Wolves is controversial and we have paid the Ref off again.

I remember there being something in the rules about a player being able to stand his ground if he's already there (ie. doesn't have to get out of the way if the keeper), but it's a foul if a player runs into a position where they have no chance of getting the ball and blocks the keeper off.

That totally defines the differences between our goal yesterday and what Arsenal did to Ederson.

We should have made more of a fuss about that, but I guess it's not our style to winge and whine.

Absolutely brilliant how the online tarquins are crying about how the goal stood-Funny how they weren't moaning the other week when was it Gabriel or Saliba blocked Ederson "cleverly" to take the lead at the Etihad.

Never seen a clubs fans who lack so much self awareness.
Nothing wrong with the goal at all yesterday
It was Martinelli who had his arm over Ederson’s shoulder as the ball was in playing distance for Ederson.

A very different situation to yesterday.

It was Martinelli who had his arm over Ederson’s shoulder as the ball was in playing distance for Ederson.

A very different situation to yesterday.
Bernardo bumped the goalie but then moved out of the way. Martinelli and another literally blocked Ederson as he attempted to get the ball. Different yes but for me Arsenals was more of a foul

I genuinely, even in this mard arse world of over sensationalized selling, am slightly staggered at how the agenda of pretty much two or three clubs has got into the mainstream.

They started by screaming offside. Showing that they don't even know the laws of the game.

Then it was blocking the keepers sight. Except replays show he wasn't and the goalie saw it all the way.

Then it's a push. They say that with a straight face, at a push and shoving that goes on at every corner in every game in the land. When we have Arsenal literally pinning a goalie between two players to stop him jumping, and that is ok, in every other game it's shoving and pushing as part of the game.

And then it isn't. Because it doesn't help two or three clubs who see us as rivals. So they create a media narrative that we're cheats, we're lucky, the referee made a mistake. If that goal is scored not in the final minutes, nobody questions it. If it's scored by wolves, nobody questions it.

If they want a game where that is a foul, where every push and shove from a corner is a free kick or a penalty, then go ahead and put pressure to write that rule. But they have to write it into law, because it doesn't bloody exist right now!

But I think we all know that they don't actually want that. Not when other clubs benefit from this interpretation as well. It's only a problem when city do it, right? Because, um, history or something?

Suck it up. Legit goal. Move on. Want to beat us to the league? Then be better on the frigging pitch, or piss off. But for the love of all that is holy, stop whining!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.