The Stones Goal

Was it right to give a goal?

• Total voters
It's never offside in a million years (the question is why the linesman thought he could give it as interfering from his position? It must have been the easiest VAR correction ever) but I wouldn't have a problem if it was disallowed for impeding the keeper as long as all the other instances of impeding the keeper were also punished consistently. It's a pet hate (that and wrestling in the box, and mm offsides)

Who knows. Now we have scored one, maybe the guidelines will be tweaked again .......

It's another example of how poorly VAR is communicated, though. Who thought the VAR was asking the referee to overturn the on-field decision, and not just rule out the goal? Come on, be honest.
I presume everyone, even the commentators thought it would be ruled out

TBH the tittle of that pole might as well be "Do you support Manchester City?".
If we're honest had Arsenal scored the same goal we would have either voted no or not at all.
I'm actually surprised yes is as high as 29%.

View attachment 135684
Like you say, imagine where those yellow "Yes or No" bars would be with different teams but identical circumstances, lol.

Letting the goal stand was the right decision, but I presumed they'd been harshly treated with the West Ham one O'Neil was talking about.

But watching in MOTD, two totally different situations, and both correct decisions imo.
I thought this. At first I was prepared to give O’Neil the benefit of the doubt because as ours clearly should have stood, it’s the inconsistency that drives everybody mad and if they’d had a similar one ruled out against West Ham you could understand why he’s lost his shit over it. However, after they showed the West Ham one on Match of the Day, they’re two completely different scenarios, their player was stood directly in front of the keeper, clearly affecting his line of sight, whereas Bernardo was crouched down a good couple of yards to the side of the keeper.

They’re the ramblings of a man who knows his days at Wolves are numbered.

Separate from any analysis of the match and to get ahead of any 'it wasn't a goal' nonsense.

I've got to add a thread after the Micah Richards and Daniel Sturridge nonsense. It's a goal isn't it?

What Bernardo does before Stones heads the ball is irrelevant because he's onside when the corner is taken.

When Stones heads it he's completely ducked out of the way, nowhere near interfering with Sa. Obvious goal.

Regarding the officials, the linesman is right to stick his flag up from his angle, I think the referee should have overruled him on field, people are saying he did? But I'm not sure he actually did. Shouldn't need the monitor but well done to him and VAR for getting the right decision.

I'll add a poll but surely it's unanimous?

What Bernardo does before Stones heads the ball is irrelevant because he's onside when the corner is taken.

He cannot be offside from a corner, as I remember the Law ?

I think it's a goal but let's be honest, loads of people on here would be complaining if it was given against us.

He cannot be offside from a corner, as I remember the Law ?
You can't be offside from a goal kick, throw in or a corner. It was laughable that the media were quoting parts of the offside law that weren't applicable to our goal. Remember where Arsenal went bat shit over the Aguero goal at Wembley, even though I think he was still in his own half when recieving the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.