The Sunday Supplement thread 2014/15

Re: Sunday Supplement 14/15 Thread

Silva_Spell said:
eastmanc said:
Silva_Spell said:
So?

"Respect the fans

...except NYCFC fans"

They would not have a club to support without City.

So we can take the piss out of them whenever we choose?

No we can't, but we own the club and therefore, at the moment Frank Lampard.

Just to clear up the Lampard issue (not that it really needs clearing up!) - direct quotes from Sky interview:

Lampard “I would have obviously stayed if Chelsea had offered me another year. There was no reason for me to leave. Yes, I wanted to play a bit more regularly but I’m not stupid. If Chelsea had given me a new contract it would have been mad not to take it at the time.It wasn’t that I didn’t think I could still do it. If I felt like that I wouldn’t have gone to City on loan.

I had a chat with Jose Mourinho and both he and the club were always great with me. The decision was made – and I don’t know who made it.When we won the Champions League I knew there would be some sort of evolution. Chelsea wanted to bring in some younger players and it was the right move for the club.We had a fantastic spine of players who helped carry us through from one manager to another and win things, but it doesn’t last forever.

Jose was brilliant about it. I didn’t walk out with any bad feelings towards him or the club. I knew things were coming to a head but I’m realistic and, in football, I move on quite quickly. I also felt like I didn’t want to be a player who faded away – with that being the last memory people had of me.
So maybe it was the right time. Maybe it was right that the club took it out of my hands. I certainly didn’t want to go until I was 40 and just being rolled out for the Capital One Cup after the great times I had at the club.

What I really want now is to make a really positive impact in my time at Manchester City and then again in the next stage of my career.”

Silva_Spell said:
Damocles said:
Silva_Spell said:
So we can take the piss out of them whenever we choose?

We can take the piss out of whomever we want whenever we choose. We have that right as members of the human race.

and morally speaking?
You're talking about morality on a thread discussing the cockroaches of the press consistently, constantly and undeservedly taking the piss out of Manchester City on the platform of Rag Arse Licking TV?
YCNMIU

Silva_Spell said:
I agree with Patrick Barclay for once. If Lampard ends up staying beyond NYCFC's 1st game in the MLS we will be taking the piss out of them and their fans

With that said, Barclay is only saying it because he's a nervous rentboy. He's utterly wrong on FFP

Whatever decision is made, it will be to the commercial benefit of the CFG as a whole and certainly won't be "taking the piss" out of anybody. Any benefit we receive through the Lampard arrangement will be reciprocated many times over. Nobody need worry about that.

squirtyflower said:
Silva_Spell said:
Damocles said:
We can take the piss out of whomever we want whenever we choose. We have that right as members of the human race.

and morally speaking?
You're talking about morality on a thread discussing the cockroaches of the press consistently, constantly and undeservedly taking the piss out of Manchester City on the platform of Rag Arse Licking TV?
YCNMIU

And here I thought it was for discussing the topics brought up on Sunday Supplement? Didn't see that it was actually titled "thread for big babies with victim complexes" My mistake

I'm watching this on record so I'm an hour or so behind. I'm trying to pick the "twat of the table" winner, but frankly, it's impossible to pick a winner!

blue underpants said:
This is one of the reasons I binned Sky, I will not even watch us on Sky I listen to away games I don't get to on GMR, Sky are at the very top of the City haters list, Durham does it to wind people up this bunch of twats do it because they love doing it, remember there is no agenda....my arse

Same with me mate, I either go to the game or listen to it these days

Silva_Spell said:
squirtyflower said:
Silva_Spell said:
and morally speaking?
YCNMIU

And here I thought it was for discussing the topics brought up on Sunday Supplement? Didn't see that it was actually titled "thread for big babies with victim complexes" My mistake

When you're relatively new to a forum which has a large volume of posters, it's generally not a great idea to insult much of the entire userbase. It does little to ingratiate you to people.

And yes, Manchester City can demand Lampard stays here instead of at New York. New York is owned by Manchester City thus can run its business in whichever way it chooses. You also have the right as a fan of NYCFC to voice your displeasure to the board and vote with your feet and not support the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.