The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
City have backed the wrong horse here. Idiotic.
I'm still waiting for a reliable journalist to confirm our involvement. Martin Samuel is great, but not overly connected and Keegan is a KFA.

The fact we are the only ones to be even slightly distanced from this gives me hope. Why put it out there that we haven't signed up only to do so mere hours later? Doesn't make sense.

According to Sky News and Martin Samuel, City are the last of the Big 6 to agree to being part of a European Super League with an announcement at 9.30 tonight.

Guess we had no choice. Gutted for Everton, Newcastle, Leeds, Villa etc. Can’t believe we’ve got in to bed with the snakes.

This might be the end of the teams that join rather than the teams that don't. Time will tell.

I've been struggling to find the definitive line to break completely with football.

Years ago I wound in going to matches so much then stopped at all, then I stopped going to pubs for it. Then I stopped with one off matches overall but I've never been able to stop following city, and I've longed for us to lift the European cup.

I feel I could never shake watching footy on TV, this was the one thing that is too hard to drop, as a life long player and supporter I love the game.

But this is it. The day this super League kicks off is the day I never ever watch a game of football again, at the top level. Why do such exploitative and commercially driven people exist?

City should distance themselves from this, the main culprits in setting this up is the yank owners who don’t invest also with this Covid ban on fans are they really bothered if there are no fans in the stadium

Yeah I'm really disappointed by the club here.

Without the backing of the governing bodies then this shit league has a snowball's chance in hell of surviving. We should've got one back on them and called the pricks out.

Sounds like this will be dead. Good.

Its not sporting.

City would be in 5 competitions, I already think 4 is ridiculous (we don't need 2 local cups).

I bet they still go ahead with the announcement. They will try and argue the leagues and national competitions would be damaged by not having the top teams/players in it. Then it would be a case of who blinks first. Could get nasty.

Don’t forget Kerry Packer. The international cricket boards really did ban those players from international and home games. The ICC changed their ideas about one day cricket but they stuck to their guns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.