The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I took the time to look around oversea forums. The danger is the other continents, especially Asia, don't really give a shit, many of them actually LIKE the SL idea. I guess in the US it's the same. They care more about the big teams than the rest, so there will be plenty of business cases for these bastards.

Mr Sausage has been given the contract for the Etihad,ring the bell on your seat and he pops up with a 12'' hot dog and a bucket of popcorn,its going to one hell of a party guys

It might not matter how full the stadiums are. It's the television audience where the money is and it will be flogged to the highest bidder and shown all over the world.

We've had a full season of fake crowd noise already. And fake VAR. Next will be fake holographic fans. (Consumers). Virtual reality. Fake football.
True but don't think anyone in their right mind thinks the current version of televised football is better than it was. And a TV audience/money does depend on the idea that its nearly as good as being there. Imagine full blanket of Glastonbury with just handfuls of people dotted about the place, or a derby game with no one there. The only reason its happening now is because there is a pandemic and its literally that or stop the sport entirely. TV viewership is down due to blanket coverage of games. Any novelty value of a Super League would wear off within a couple of years in terms of viewers watching every available game.

I took the time to look around oversea forums. The danger is the other continents, especially Asia, don't really give a shit, many of them actually LIKE the SL idea. I guess in the US it's the same. They care more about the big teams than the rest, so there will be plenty of business cases for these bastards.
I assure you -- among us "legacy fans" in the US it is NOT the same.

I’d keep an eye on Bayern.

those German rags are up to something make no mistake

They will 100 per cent sign up but with the need to win a members vote - they will wait until everyone else has signed up and then ask fans do you want to be playing the European elite or Augsburg or Mainz next weekend. Bayern will 100 per cent sign up - they long since outgrew the Bundesliga.

It's done now isn't it ? Contract signed so that is that. I'd like to learn more about it before I pass judgement too. Seen so many fans trashing their own clubs today because sky and shills like Gary Neville are frothing at the mouth over it. Everyone needs to calm down a bit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.