The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The first bit is true but not the second part.
I currently live in Michigan and there is a strong tie between the community and their sports teams. In the NFL, the local team Detroit Lions get 65,000 every home game and they've never come close to winning, so people will still go to watch the games.

I personally follow the Lions (curiously) - legacy of my days in Detroit, working at Ford - and I get that but in other parts of the US you get loads of Cowboys and Packers Fans who’ve never seen Green Bay or Dallas.

You aren't going to hear anything until everyone else has stopped talking.

You make an announcement.

Everyone reacts, from leagues to FA's to UEFA & FIFA, to governments (we are here)

You address the reaction.

If this does fall away the game will forever remember who it was that stepped up and who just followed.

Right now we’re seemingly followers and we’re completely backing the wrong one.

Correct.

Once the league migrates to 20 clubs closed clubs playing 57 matches a year, I would also expect extra time and penalty shoot-outs to eliminate draws, as in hockey.

Perhaps 10-15 minutes of "sudden death" extra time (perhaps with a reduced number of players on the pitch, which is what hockey does on the ice), followed by penalty shootout. Both teams get a point for a FT draw, but the team "winning" the penalty shootout gets an extra point (2 instead of 3).

Once again, folks -- all of this is the inevitable direction. It's going to be a very different sport with its own unique rules. Like it or lump it.
WTF really? Jeez it will be like the WWE, get the steel chairs out!

I can't belive some city fans are discussing this as it may be OK WTF and have you had a loss of memory of what this club used to stand for.
We were MCFC a club with morals.
A lot who pointed out our Arab oil rich don't give a shit were correct.
They have done what we excepted of the American owned cûnts who have ruled the game for so long.
THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME

And where will that money go? Will the average fan get any benefit?

Will they fcukaslike.

Owners, players and agents will be salivating like Pavlov’s fcukin pooches.

Owners, players and agents will be salivating.

Look at the prices to attend NFL games - very little working class presence there - we moan about loyalty points but you can bet the latter stages of the SL will see seat prices of £500 plus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.