The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
As an aside, isn't it funny how everything the has been detrimental to football over the last 40 years (all funds from the home games go to the home team/ban from Europe/PL/G14/this current shitshow) has had Liverpool front and centre every single fucking time.
What about our yellow away kit in the 90’s?

If this thread proves anything, it’s that fan ownership of our club would be a disaster. There appears to be a large body of blues who believe that they are smarter than our owners and their advisors. Notwithstanding the virtue signalling, the moralistic preening, the rush to victim status, the refusal to acknowledge they can be wrong and their indecent haste to condemn the best owners a club can have, they expect us to believe that they knew, but our owners were oblivious that;

• There would be a huge outcry.
  • That we were getting into bed with thoroughly treacherous people notwithstanding that those very people were explicitly condemned by Khaldoon as carrying out an orchestrated campaign against the club and having an unsustainable business model
  • That the terms of the ESL were preferential to, and, indeed amounted to a financial lifebelt, to the very people who sought to destroy us
  • That they could not be trusted not to eject us as soon as the competition was up and running thereby achieving their aim of destroying us completely
  • That we were the king-makers in all this. That whichever way we jumped doomed the other side to extinction.
Yup, all that passed our owners by and they made a colossal “misjudgement” which requires them to apologise and us to “forgive” them.

The fact that the real enemies of football have been exposed in all their naked shame, the fact that so many of their representatives on influential football bodies have bitten the dust, the fact that a threat which has been hanging over football for 30 years has been thoroughly trashed, banished and consigned to history, the fact that we now have some real clout at UEFA is all coincidental.

If only we'd just said "no"

Nah, the heart of it is the cartel clubs which is why AC/Inter Milan were in there. The New UEFA format isn't that far off the ESL (apart from clubs don't get to decide where the money is spent, but they do if the have UEFA board members).
They are proposing to play as many games as in previous years.
This is a big thing for all clubs and is squeezing the very life out of the players.

There is too much football and that it is what needs addressing.

City planting a story with their favoured reporter in the world's most hated newspaper is nor a massive PR win.

In fact it makes us look even more grotesquely out of touch.

Ian Herbert, I can assure you, is absolutely detested by City. In actual fact, he had to put his hood up in the press box the last time he attended with fans present at the stadium, as they were demanding to ask which one was Herbert?

City have zero time for him. Only Jack Gaughan and Martin Samuel have City on their Daily Mail good list.

UEFA have got to take a share of the blame for the Super League Farce. The champions league was created to stop a break away European Super League. What’s caused the problems now is UEFA.

Originally their FFP rules were going to be about debt levels. They backed down as many clubs pointed out they were indeed in huge debt. And it become the profit and loss farce it is now. All the while clubs debts continued to rise. Barca’s is currently an eye watering €1.2 billion Utd still over £400 million.

Imagine if it had of been the original idea. Barca don’t win it under Pep as they are banned Utd don’t face Chelsea in Moscow. Liverpool don’t win number 6 (at the time debt was over £100 million) Real don’t win any of the last 5 or 6 they did. Point is UEFA allowed this mess and that’s why a super league gained traction the wall is literally coming for many clubs. Yet an owner investing his money so the club is debt free is seen as wrong under current rules! Changes are needed and we are better off doing it from within!

I'm pretty sure you only need 2/3rds to push anything through the PL, not 3/4.
Had this conversation with someone else a few days ago I said the same. Its actually 2/3rds (14members) to change rules However, 3/4 (15members) to expel a club

Last edited:
How do you think KDB's salary is going to be paid? A go fund me or a quick whip round?
Kev’s salary is £20.8m a year.

A £15 increase in season card prices adds up to £630,000... fuck all to the club, almost a waste of time to them, but massive to the individual fan

(not that £15 is massive, I spent more on coffee in a week,,, I’m talking about the cheek of it)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Mulder and Scully would struggle to get to the bottom of what really happened behind the scenes.
I doubt we will know anytime soon and going off the lack of response by the club on many issues over the years I wouldn't be holding my breath this time around either.
I'm not going to bother with the emotional baggage surrounding the last few days, lifes too short.

On the face of it, absolutely. But that’s only based on what we know for sure which is basically that we signed up to this shit show regardless of whether we were the ringleaders or not.

The thing is though, nobody - you, I, or anyone else on this forum and beyond - knows the full ins and outs of why the club did what they did. Let me make this clear - if it was just to chase the money, and/or because they were worried about being “left behind” then those who signed off on this have indeed behaved disgracefully. However, if this was part of a cunning plan to fuck our hated rivals over - and there are plenty of clues pointing towards that with Ceferin’s gushing quotes last night that he hasn’t repeated about any of the other clubs as far as I know - then that’s a different thing altogether.

At the moment though, the fans deserve a full explanation and apology from the club.
There is no legitimate reason that would excuse the club from betraying the fans, the fact so many are concocting fairytales as a way of trying to offer City an excuse shows there isn't one.

I understand the deep rooted desire to defend the club, to want to believe they care about us, of course I do, I want that too but the decision to sign up to that showed they are no different from the rest, they couldn't give a shit and anybody dreaming up elaborate spy novel stories of masterplans to bring down rival teams needs to just step back for a second think about what they're actually saying and realise how utterly ridiculous it really is.

City sold us out just like the others. In a way City and Chelsea owners fucked the fans over the most because there wasn't even a desperation to do so like there was for other clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.