The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

@Prestwich_Blue - are you able to elaborate?

@Chris in London posted on this a few days ago but we didn't know then what it related to.

This document makes it clear in that that it relates to FFP and an investigation carried out by the PL as a result of the Der Spiegel reports. Given that CAS comprehensively cleared us, apart from the non-cooperation charge (that wasn't part of the re-opened UEFA case anyway) I can't imagine it has any legs whatsoever.

But the case involves publication of the original judge's findings, which neither side (us or the PL) appear to want publicising. It seems we've not won that argument from what I can make out but I'm sure Chris or one of our other lawyers will be able to give chapter & verse.

But the essence of the case appears to be that we're refusing to disclose documents to the PL on the grounds that they have no powers to demand them.

@Chris in London posted on this a few days ago but we didn't know then what it related to.

This document makes it clear in that that it relates to FFP and an investigation carried out by the PL as a result of the Der Spiegel reports. Given that CAS comprehensively cleared us, apart from the non-cooperation charge (that wasn't part of the re-opened UEFA case anyway) I can't imagine it has any legs whatsoever.

But the case involves publication of the original judge's findings, which neither side (us or the PL) appear to want publicising. It seems we've not won that argument from what I can make out but I'm sure Chris or one of our other lawyers will be able to give chapter & verse.

But the essence of the case appears to be that we're refusing to disclose documents to the PL on the grounds that they have no powers to demand them.
It sounds like groundhog day.

The PL asked for full email trails and documentation on all sponsorship deals, transfers etc plus access to the third-party sponsors accounts
  1. Before that application was heard, the arbitration continued. On 24 July 2020, the tribunal rejected the Club's arguments resisting the PL's case that it was under an obligation to provide certain documents and information to the PL. Accordingly, on 2 November 2020, the tribunal ordered the Club to provide certain documents and information to the PL and to make enquiries of third parties. That order was stayed pending the hearing of the Club's application to the Commercial Court.

I've skimmed read the whole thing, doesn't sound particularly good.

The closing conclusion also didn't make for good reading.

To cite we have won the Premier League title twice during the time the investigation has taken, shows a real determination/desire to publish and smear, suggestive of a complicity between the two disputing parties?

Having read the whole Judgment, it's clear that the PL is pursuing an investigation into breaches of FFP following the Der Spiegel allegations. We all knew that.

In mid 2020 they asked us for documentation which we haven't produced. Essentually, the same approach as we took to the UEFA enquiry. An arbitration panel has been set up the constitution and authority of which we had objected to in Court. The PL said it was a delaying tactic. We lost. The judge said the Judgment could be publicised to which we objected and appealed on a couple of grounds, not least, yet more adverse publicity. The Daily Mail had a reporter at the hearing.

The PL supported the appeal but wanted to use the Judgment in other proceedings, notably, the proceedings brought against the PL by Newcastle. The judge at the appeal dismissed it saying it could be publicised as it is public knowledge we are under investigation.

The Judge's comment about us winning the PL twice since the investigation began seems very pointed to me.

In short, the cartel are still determined to nail us.

Sounds like the PL wanted this to quietly go away after CASS put us in the clear. Trouble is they’d already started an investigation and we’d already told them to do one which is what these documents probably refer to. It’s almost like this judging is pushing the PL to reach a conclusion one way or another noting that we’ve won the league twice since the investigation started.

Having read the whole Judgment, it's clear that the PL is pursuing an investigation into breaches of FFP following the Der Spiegel allegations. We all knew that.

In mid 2020 they asked us for documentation which we haven't produced. Essentually, the same approach as we took to the UEFA enquiry. An arbitration panel has been set up the constitution and authority of which we had objected to in Court. The PL said it was a delaying tactic. We lost. The judge said the Judgment could be publicised to which we objected and appealed on a couple of grounds, not least, yet more adverse publicity. The Daily Mail had a reporter at the hearing.

The PL supported the appeal but wanted to use the Judgment in other proceedings, notably, the proceedings brought against the PL by Newcastle. The judge at the appeal dismissed it saying it could be publicised as it is public knowledge we are under investigation.

The Judge's comment about us winning the PL twice since the investigation began seems very pointed to me.

In short, the cartel are still determined to nail us.

Agreed. That last closing line makes me very concerned. Absolutely no need to mention the fact we have won it twice during the appeals process unless that person has taken the very firm view we have cheated our way to it in some capacity.

It also beggars belief how dismissive the judge was of how bias can be brought into the case.

Judges are people too, they listen to the media, football is drawn along tribal lines.

How fucking arrogant to dismiss how impactful the Der Spiegel reporting was at the time to our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.