The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Yep once they get a regulator they can manipulate it in the directions they want well the history clubs can oh bet Edwood be one of them!
It's on record WooWar met Boris earlier this year via a intermediary minister who is a rag ****.

The likes of Juve, Madrid and Barcelona need us and at the same time so do Uefa. I don’t get how the likes of the above mentioned 3 can face zero sanction for coming close to destroying the governing body in European football and City got slapped with a 2 years champions league ban for some accounts Uefa agreed themselves, they couldn’t revisit.
Because FFP isnt about justice. It is part of a trade war where some companies are trying to kill a competitor, and take the profits for themselves. The US owners are not in it for the sport. It's just a way to make money.

It's on record WooWar met Boris earlier this year via a intermediary minister who is a rag ****.

Haha, If Khaldoon al Mubarak wants to speak to Boris Johnson, he doesn't come up with a way to bump into him while meeting another minister at number 10.

If he wants to talk, Boris drops what he's doing and phones Khaldoon as soon as he can.

You just cannot compare the political reach of an overpromoted accountant and a guy who controls a $232,000,000,000 investment fund.

I am not sure UEFA have a legal leg to stand on. Essentially a court has just ruled that UEFA have no authority to prevent any clubs setting up their own league if they want to. Nor do they have the legal right to sanction any clubs for quitting. It is only a matter of time before the super league comes back in a format which guarantees domestic pyramids and wins support from a majority of clubs.
The current situation where UEFA is a financial competitor for broadcasting money with the clubs they are supposed to regulate is corrupt and untenable. The new proposals for the CL will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. The clubs are already angry about Wenger's crazy ideas for the FIFA World Cup. UEFA and FIFA both face extinction. Football is the product and it is owned by the clubs not the political fat cats.
What I understand about the the CL is that it is based on invitation if you me set requirements. Which also means even if you meet their requirements (top 4 in PL) they do not have to invite you to play, which also means you don’t have to accept? Obviously teams do accept due to the financial benefits of entering the competition.
What I have never understood from the whole SL saga is how the PL can force any team to compete in any competition other than the PL.
So any threats from PL or UEFA should mean jack shit. If we don’t want to enter the CL but fancy entering a competition set up by a bunch of billionaires, we would be free to do so without punishment. Surely entering into an agreement for one competition (PL) doesn’t legally stipulate you can only enter another competition which it has not jurisdiction over and no other?
I maybe totally off with this which has lead to my confusion to why we feared punishment about joining the SL rather than the back lash of the fans for joining such a closed competition.

Unpopular opinion here, I wish the super league becomes a reality one day and that we'll be part of it. Look at our fixtures right now chelsea , psg, liverpool .. that would be the games we'd see every week instead of trashing the likes of Norwich 5-0 knowing that we played a shite team. A 1-0 win away at Chelsea is def more attractive than a 5-0 win vs norwich.

Unpopular opinion here, I wish the super league becomes a reality one day and that we'll be part of it. Look at our fixtures right now chelsea , psg, liverpool .. that would be the games we'd see every week instead of trashing the likes of Norwich 5-0 knowing that we played a shite team. A 1-0 win away at Chelsea is def more attractive than a 5-0 win vs norwich.
Go and play fifa or whatever it's called then.

Don't agree with this at all. I don't care about PSG one bit. I've never met a PSG fan. That game really means nothing to me outside of the potential three points. I'd much rather play Everton twice a year than PSG, for example

Except, it's playing the lesser teams that make the 'big' games exciting. If you're playing them every week, and only them (no promotion/relegation), it'll quickly become boring

Don't agree with this at all. I don't care about PSG one bit. I've never met a PSG fan. That game really means nothing to me outside of the potential three points. I'd much rather play Everton twice a year than PSG, for example
Except, it's playing the lesser teams that make the 'big' games exciting. If you're playing them every week, and only them (no promotion/relegation), it'll quickly become boring
Fair points

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.