The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Unpopular opinion here, I wish the super league becomes a reality one day and that we'll be part of it. Look at our fixtures right now chelsea , psg, liverpool .. that would be the games we'd see every week instead of trashing the likes of Norwich 5-0 knowing that we played a shite team. A 1-0 win away at Chelsea is def more attractive than a 5-0 win vs norwich.
Tell that to Southampton, Brentford, Leicester City, Brighton. There are no oak trees without acorns, no champions without losers. The essence of sport is open competition. For some the football is as important as the result, otherwise why have spectators.

The Cartel will never go away. A new version will pop up every few years. The saviours of football want total financial control and cart Blanche on which clubs are invited.

City are an easy blame instead of looking at debt. Player salaries need major reform for any meaningful change.

If they actually spend time trying to sort out the crazy money going out of the game instead off bickering and backstabbing we all would support a transparent meaningful discussion.

It won’t happen, city need to protect themselves and the gov deal with Khaldoon will hopefully insulate us.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion here, I wish the super league becomes a reality one day and that we'll be part of it. Look at our fixtures right now chelsea , psg, liverpool .. that would be the games we'd see every week instead of trashing the likes of Norwich 5-0 knowing that we played a shite team. A 1-0 win away at Chelsea is def more attractive than a 5-0 win vs norwich.
Spot on mate - we would never lose to teams like Norwich. Hey? What? We lost 3-2 to them a couple of seasons back?
Ok - but that was a one off to be fair
We always batter cannon fodder like Norwich 5-0 or Southampton. Heyy? What? That was 0-0 just a week back? Oh sorry
Well, anyway much better to play Super League every week where we come up against teams like Arsenal where it could go either way until we scrape a 5-0 win??

Actually I am at a loss
what is your reasoning for a Super League?

Tell that to Southampton, Brentford, Leicester City, Brighton. There are no oak trees without acorns, no champions without losers. The essence of sport is open competition. For some the football is as important as the result, otherwise why have spectators.
I've said it before: the moment it becomes clear who the few teams are that are vying for the top honours in any particular season, interest will wain dramatically for the supporters of the teams that aren't involved. Without the jeopardy of relegation, three quarters of the season will be flat, knowing that you're just making up the numbers.

I've said it before: the moment it becomes clear who the few teams are that are vying for the top honours in any particular season, interest will wain dramatically for the supporters of the teams that aren't involved. Without the jeopardy of relegation, three quarters of the season will be flat, knowing that you're just making up the numbers.
And arguably at the top as well. Teams aren't even going to be playing for CL/EL spots, so if someone pulls away at the top, no-one else has anything to play for. Sounds like fun

Something like £3bn last week, £10bn in total across UK over next few years.

Mainly in the sciences. Got a shit load at the Graphene Institute.

That's where they are expecting the returns.
Who by ? Any sources I can have a look at sounds interesting

Very rag like attitude of fuck everyone else here.

It's seem ls the Yankee doodles in this thread see nothing wrong on destroying a football pyramid to gain big money and screw everyone else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.