The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
As always the devil will be in the detail. Who governs this league? What protections are there to prevent the goalposts being moved? What are the financial arrangements? How are the enormous funds this league would generate to be allocated? I could go on, but provided the answers to these questions are satisfactory and a chunk of the revenue is redistributed to the football pyramid I'd be strongly in favour because I feel the concept of a league containing Europe's best is exciting and inevitable. The Champs League, especially the qualifying stage has become stale and predictable.
As regards football fans being resistant to change, it was ever thus. Substitutions, 3 points for a win, the back pass rule, the Premier League, and now VAR, were all opposed by fans who wanted to maintain the status quo, but were introduced and quickly became a part of the football furniture.
They were all opposed by fans, but none of them impacted the fans pocket (well maybe the PL) the way a European Super League will when most away games are overseas

The devil is already inside

The founders will get part of the money even if they don't qualify.

The goal for the American Owners is to make sure an imposter doesn't destabilize the current hirachy.

They cant do anything against us because we're already inside . They want to make sure clubs like Newcastle and Leicester or any new Player emerges

The post said "OPEN and based on league position". It is hardly open if it is based on league positions once and then one team per year relegated from the ESL and replaced with, well who exactly?

Anyway, all this detail is just noise. The only important question is who gets to set the rules in the ESL. If it's the usual suspects then they could change everything in their own image in a couple of years when the ESL is entrenched. And I hope no-one is thinking they won't ....
They had enough problems with the old Third Division North and Third Division South back in the day. The top team fron Third North and Third South were promoted to Division Two and the bottom two from the Second Division were relegated. If both teams relegated from Division Two were from the North or from the South then another team (from the Midlands?) would have to be transferred from North to South or vice versa. Coventry City were transferred from Third North to Third South to balance the numbers.

Try doing that on a Europe wide basis!

The SL won the first Court Case. Not only that , but all Fines and Agreement with the English Club and UEFA were annulled until the Matter is resolved in the Europe Court of Justice.

UEFA is done , they can't win in Court. I expect the SL to start this or next year , this time with Relegation.

The SL won the first Court Case. Not only that , but all Fines and Agreement with the English Club and UEFA were annulled until the Matter is resolved in the Europe Court of Justice.

UEFA is done , they can't win in Court. I expect the SL to start this or next year , this time with Relegation.

My Spanish isn't great, but isn't that just about the challenge to the judge? UEFA and co weren't happy with a Madrid judge being in charge, that's all this is.

Last edited:
UEFA welcomes Support of the Council of Europe resolution condemning the attempt to create a Super League and FIFA's proposals for a biennial World Cup. Ceferin : The resolution leaves no room for interpretation, it contains a clear no to selfish super leagues and a clear no to 2 Years World Cup [UEFA].

It's funny how this corrupt entity is now fighting for their existence. 2 years world cup and a Super League would kill UEFA entirely. They can't win in Court and they know it hence they are running to politicians

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.