The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
UEFA welcomes Support of the Council of Europe resolution condemning the attempt to create a Super League and FIFA's proposals for a biennial World Cup. Ceferin : The resolution leaves no room for interpretation, it contains a clear no to selfish super leagues and a clear no to 2 Years World Cup [UEFA].

It's funny how this corrupt entity is now fighting for their existence. 2 years world cup and a Super League would kill UEFA entirely. They can't win in Court and they know it hence they are running to politicians
Well if World Cups every two years and Super League do come about, I will be finished watching football at that level.

Here's a Interview with a Sports Lawyers and he practically says that UEFA winning in the court is practically impossible

Here's a Interview with a Sports Lawyers and he practically says that UEFA winning in the court is practically impossible

Are you sure that is what was said?

the CJEU were to rule in favor of the three SL clubs, it would be a cataclysm for all of football, and sport as a whole. Someone close to the file confirms it. European law, if it respects the European treaties, cannot rule in favor of an unnatural private monopoly. It must promote “free competition”. And this, even if the jurists opposed to the Superleague highlight article 165 of the Lisbon acting as a“specificity of sport”

Its a impossible Battle for UEFA. They can't win in Court. Every Lawyers says that, that's why I think it will happen this year

People on here who justifiably moan about ticket prices for PL games will really have something to moan about if this goes ahead. Anyone thinking there SC prices will remain the same will also be in for a shock. No more kids for a quid and cheapo LC games for the not so affluent to attend. I despise the very thought of it.

the CJEU were to rule in favor of the three SL clubs, it would be a cataclysm for all of football, and sport as a whole. Someone close to the file confirms it. European law, if it respects the European treaties, cannot rule in favor of an unnatural private monopoly. It must promote “free competition”. And this, even if the jurists opposed to the Superleague highlight article 165 of the Lisbon acting as a“specificity of sport”

Its a impossible Battle for UEFA. They can't win in Court. Every Lawyers says that, that's why I think it will happen this year
I think you're the only poster on here who has a raging erection for a Europe superleague. May I ask why?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.