The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
No chance. 12 months ago, when Uefa kicked city out of European football there was a suggestion by some fans that City should create a rival to Uefa. Well guess what just happened..
We were never fighting UEFA. We were fighting the ownerships of the clubs who we now stand with. Who now have statements on our club website. Who are chairmen and vice chairmen of our new league.

people slagging off City need to open their eyes. what choice did they have ? we could rebel and win a meaningless premier league every year . we'd earn fuck all. we certainly won't sign the likes of KDB. we have to go with this to stay relevant . we of all clubs don't need this money but we do need the sporting challenge .
I hear what your saying but I would rather play in fair league with lesser players than a meaningless premier league and a sham super league.

Of course we want to see quality over quantity but quality is borne out of the best footballing sides playing against each other. I am not against the ESL, I am not against removing meaningless group games that do nothing other than line pockets. What I am against is the ESL choosing who plays in the competition, based on the club name and how many fans they have. That isn't quality over quantity. Its a protection racket.

I am still hoping City do a uturn on this. We could blow the thing out of the water if we did.

Though I understand the risks of being on the outside of this. But even being part of it we will get shafted playing to their rules. Fuck that and pull out of this charade.
It's too late... They signed up to this and therefore it's another reason to taint the club for the haters...

I'm saddened by our club and disgusted in equal measure....

people slagging off City need to open their eyes. what choice did they have ? we could rebel and win a meaningless premier league every year . we'd earn fuck all. we certainly won't sign the likes of KDB. we have to go with this to stay relevant . we of all clubs don't need this money but we do need the sporting challenge .

Oh Bill, you are spot on.

15 teams can never get removed from it, getting guaranteed revenue and are eternally in the elite tier, even if they arent run well?

How is that any different from now with the CL?

Manchester United are one of the worst ran clubs in football but the spending power generated by the CL allows them to keep sneaking into Europe. Any of the big clubs who fuck up spend their exceedingly larger revenues than their non-CL competitors for a few years and then get straight back in.

At the beginning of the season we could go around every top footballing nation and pick the top 3 or 4 and be right on 90% of the teams.

We're not even talking about the Super League at this point, you're failing to acknowledge that football is already broken in terms of financial power thanks to the CL. West Ham turnover about £150m if my Googling is correct. City turnover half a billion. City earn 3 times West Ham's revenue every single year. They aren't competing with us. They might win a match or whatever but in the medium term, we'll finish above in 19 out of 20 seasons. That's a disparity that is impossible to bridge on the pitch.

I think football competitiveness doesn't exist. I think the format is very broken. I think this is worse and will push it into extremely broken. But the distinction between very broken and extremely broken is almost nothing, it's fucked either way. So if it's already fucked then what are we trying to save?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.