The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Otherwise I guess the official statement put out by City last night was drafted in America as well
Abso-fucking-lutely is was. It's the same statement used by all clubs for this god awful abortion of a Yank model of sporting competition.

Obviously I do need to keep "harping on" if you're so illiterate that you didn't understand the last 3 times.

There's no competitive football and hasn't been for decades.

The "soul" of the club?

The soul of the club changed either the time we were bought by a human rights abuser who had people shot in the streets or the other human rights abuser who he sold it to who executes gay people and still stones people to death.
But that was all okay to you, it was leaving the UEFA competition that really did it. Do me a favour.

Don’t go full dipper now, you know human rights are seasonal.

people slagging off City need to open their eyes. what choice did they have ? we could rebel and win a meaningless premier league every year . we'd earn fuck all. we certainly won't sign the likes of KDB. we have to go with this to stay relevant . we of all clubs don't need this money but we do need the sporting challenge .
How is it staying relevant? It would remove everything the fans cared about. It is all about making it into an American business model similar to the NFL and baseball.
I think next Sunday could be my last game.

Not sure this new Super League would be as popular internationally as they anticipate. The major reason most of us NA fans watch is because it is not the the franchise model. The concept of promotion and relegation is as much an attraction as the game itself.

The Canadian TV market let DAZN buy up almost all the soccer rights in Canada, being replaced with Bundesliga and MLS. In the US, NBC moved the PL to its streaming service Peacock and the UEFA competitions are on Turner Sports, which is not a major US sports network.

Absolutely. Players' increasing and outrageous wage demands is a contributory factor here too.
Yep. If these founder members wield so much power in the game, they could have used it for good, by coming together and putting an end to the exorbitant player wages. Instead of agreeing to a new ESL to "protect" football, they could have agreed that all new player contracts couldn't be more than X amount and actually protected football.

How the fcuk did Tottenham get in? Will one of the spare places go to Brentford? These questions are nagging me.
I'll put yer out of yer misery, sbf - the odd spot is going to the custodians of The Crown Arena. Real Madrid will first host Rochdale, and then the latter will play a first home game in the European Super League by promising not to wreck the Barcelona! coach as it slowly makes it way up Sandy Lane amid a smog of blue flares.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.