The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters

I'm sure this will need to go to court but I'm not sure what leg they have to stand on. Domestic wise especially. I'm pretty sure there is a rule in the Premier League saying you need permission before joining any other competition. That's the rule in black and white that we agreed to. How are you going to argue against that in court?

Think the remaining 14 should vote to kick you 6 out of the Premier League tomorrow. Would cause financial pain for sure, but it sure would be funny.
In a way, I’d like to see this happen. It would be amusing plus I’d be able to clock up a load of new grounds while we’re playing non-league football.

Just think on though. If a lot of the clubs in the PL had gotten an invite, they’d have probably signed up to it too. No fucker is convincing me that the Dildo Brothers over at West Ham, for example, would refuse a place if they were offered one. I reckon your club would join up too.

Greedy bastards. I am fuming. They have ruined this season for me, been a season ticket holder 30 years and they can get fucked.

Confirmation that, despite all the hollow platitudes from Khaldoon etc about how the leadership view the history, traditions and the fans of City as integral to the future of the club, they actually don't give a flying fuck about any of those things.

We're exactly the same as Utd, Liverpool et al, and although many will claim we were naïve in the extreme to think we were different to them, it still hurts to realise we're not.
When do we release our 'This means more' branding?

West Ham have a chance to qualify for the Champions league and earn that revenue they can break through the invisible barrier.

That's bollocks though. It has literally never been done in the history of the PL. Just because something is technically possible doesn't mean it's actually possible. No club has emerged as a top club in the league without a billionaire investor because it cannot be achieved. You're living in a fantasy world that does not exist.

Reactions: OB1
Feels like these are the first manoeuvres in a war of control between UEFA and the 'ESL' clubs.

I think there's going to be an awful amount of legal wrangling and press briefings in the next few weeks/months.

One good point I think that's been made before is UEFA are a competitor to the clubs in the CL. The new proposals have clearly irked them - I'm guessing it's the financials. Ultimately (and it hurts to type) the clubs/owners know they hold the aces and can make ridiculous power plays like this early on.

I'm trying to remain rational until the first ESL fixture is officially penned.

So...the clubs that hate us because we were upsetting their apple cart tried to fuck us up via UEFA. We are now joining a private company run by those self same cunts who don't even need to get a third party involved to hobble us any way they see fit in the future.

What could possibly go wrong with that scenario?

If we get kicked out of the PL, or start to treat it like a secondary competition, I'm definitely out. If they can come to some compromise that gives every team a fair shot at qualifying for this Super League I won't be thrilled but I'll stick around as long as games are still played at the home stadiums of the respective teams.
There's no chance we will be kicked out of the PL. They are all moaning today but once they realise that a top 4 battle will compose of Everton, West Ham, Leeds and Leicester then they will very quickly change their tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.