The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Why should the club care? There isn't a club in a league anywhere that truly cares about its fans providing that they are coughing up the dosh.

At the end of the day the fella going to the game is worth far less. A TV sponsor will pay billions and then billions more but the fans pay the same amount every year.

For me I support two teams, I support city obviously but then I also support a non-league team where the fan experience is miles better. Non-league has been killed by the pandemic whereas for city it doesn't matter because every single fans season ticket added together doesn't even pay Kev's wages.
sadly true

Don't think that would be allowed to happen. Imagine if PSG were awarded the Champions League and then announced their intention to join the Super League?
PSG will be in it once Qatar world cup ends.The need to side FIFA now rest can wait for 1 year

It's hard to see how a super league would be financially viable long term? Sure it would make a splash for a season or 2 and they might have some super sponsors lined up but only 12 teams - so 22 games a season?? (presuming the national leagues boot the 12 clubs from domestic competitions). If nobody is interested in watching (which I think we can safely say from all the comments online they ain't) then TV money will go away, sponsers will go away... it's a dead league

If FIFA really do ban players from those 12 from playing in the World Cup then we are going to see top players leaving in droves - only the older (last payday types) will stick around and no up and coming talent will want to move to a SL club...

Abramovich keeping his powder dry with no comment slimey snake
Left the door open to sneak out
So why have we gone balls deep with that statement?
The reference to the Glazers maybe a cryptic way of pointing the finger
I just don't know but I sure as hell don't like it
See how it all washes out

5 different clubs won the premier league in the last decade. Give over your bullshit

You've a wicked ego

All 5 were owned by billionaires. That's the entire point. You're arguing against the Super League which is a competition that is essentially locked off by about 15 clubs who can realistically win it, in favour of the Premier League which is a competition that is essentially locked off by about 5 clubs or so who can realistically win it.

I've arguments against the Super League myself but the "it kills competition" one isn't a real argument.

Let's actually drill down into the league winners.

From 1992- Liverpool, City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn, Leicester.

So you've got Chelsea whose billionaire owner spent so much they made it illegal, City who came next and broke FFP to compete and became public enemy number 1, Leicester who broke FFP to compete, Blackburn who would have broken FFP if it existed but were such a flash in the pan they didn't need dealing with. Other than that you've got your old established super clubs - United, Arsenal, Liverpool - the 3 clubs with the most league titles since 1888.

Compare that to the 30 years before the Premier League and you had 12 different winners.

@Damocles is right, the league is a competition between 4 clubs - United, City, Chelsea, Liverpool - and it's going to be that way for as long as FFP or financial controls exist with or without a super league.

We're 30 years into football being broken and people have been absolutely fine with it until this announcement which really does nothing to change the reality of the status quo.

This doesn't suit us as a club, at all ... for at least 2 reasons:

1) We're doing really well under the existing system; it's Utd who need things to change.

2) I think what has always annoyed & frustrated the likes of Utd & Real is that they know that if they could sell their own TV rights, they'd blow everyone else away and have the GDP of a medium-sized country. This is their attempt to edge toward that, which would ultimately force City back behind them.

Will people stop asking for those that voted differently stop asking for bans, we all have an opinion, or aren't we allowed one, I personally voted no, but I want to hear everyone's opinion, asking for bans is pathetic, if you want to ignore the yes voters then do it
Also the question is wrong. I wouldn't be "happy" about City joining it but I understand why we realistically have to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.