The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I seem to remember a lot of pissing and moaning about this exact stuff (it's all money/gonna feed the big clubs/ooh I don't like change) firstly when the premiership was created (I was in favour at the time) then when the European Cup (which I liked) was turned into the gross narcissistic bloated monster it's become. Change happens. We just have to move with it. Imho it won't happen anyway and is just a bargaining tool.

Football is only about money now, at many levels.

The Aguero moment would extremely likely not have happened without massive amounts of money.

Our club was transformed by Sheikh Mansour - We've all revelled in the trophies that have followed ... but it took A LOT of money to pull that off.

As a massive investor in our club, the Sheikh also has a right to make his investment back and actually make a shed load of money too.

Football is a business now ... not a sport.
But the goal he scored was the difference to us and the Rags between everything and nothing. If that goal is scored in the ESL in the same circumstances no one would care in the slightest. It doesn't matter anymore.

We're damned if we join and damned - and relegated to a 2nd class future - if we don't join.
Let's hope it's just a barganing chip that's being played and this all falls away in a couple of weeks time.
Fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.