The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I have to say I am staggered that we would get into bed with these hateful backstabbing bastards. But as the saying goes keep you friends close and your enemies closer. Totally disagree with our club stance on this. Feel let down and betrayed by the club

We were top of the pile of the existing Premier League. Wed have been happy to stay there.

Man Utd and Liverpool had maximum to gain.

We couldn't afford to be on the outside.

Thats the crux of it - UEFA do not hold any cards here at all. If this SL starts the sponsors will follow ship and drop UEFA & champions league like a hat

The revenue that this SL will generate is on a totally different level and the clubs want to hold that power themselves

My initial reaction was pretty much one of horror at the thought of this. I saw the impassioned pleas of Neville and nodded along,

The clubs though have a point. How long have City fans hated UEFA, called it corrupt, despised the CL?

This is a breakaway from UEFA not the PL, we would still play in the PL and without UEFA squad limits we could easily afford a squad of 40 players that are registered for both competitions.

Covid has shown that the appetite for live football on TV remains even if no fans attend, so don't think that fans will be important, there not already.

I don't like the people involved with setting it up, that is the downside, but they also have dealings with UEFA and if like us as fans they see UEFA as corrupt then can you blame them for wanting out?

The proposed changes to the CL are ridiculous so why not fuck UEFA off and go it alone. Leave them and their shitty CL to be played for by clubs finishing 4th in domestic leagues. UEFA have brought this on themselves. Fuck em

Fuckin hell Rascal you were the last person I thought would come out with this.

Obviously I do need to keep "harping on" if you're so illiterate that you didn't understand the last 3 times.

There's no competitive football and hasn't been for decades.

The "soul" of the club?

The soul of the club changed either the time we were bought by a human rights abuser who had people shot in the streets or the other human rights abuser who he sold it to who executes gay people and still stones people to death.
But that was all okay to you, it was leaving the UEFA competition that really did it. Do me a favour.

lol enjoy your plastic competition.

You have to give our owners credit here. They have successfully joined the elite clubs of world football, apart from Spurs. The ‘holistic’ approach has enabled us to join the cartel. It has been ugly at times and ended up at CAS but we have arrived on the biggest stage of world football.

On an emotional level it hurts for the fans. We have had to endure constant attacks from the cartel aided by Uefa since the takeover. Taking a stand and telling the elite clubs to fuck off would have been a hallow victory and damaging for the club.

On the Premier league; not 1 club has ever came out and acknowledged our success and achievements. Instead they used it to call us cheats, attack the club and cover up their own mismanagement.Why should we stand up for these clubs now? Fuck that!

In general it is a greedy power grab by the elite clubs but we have all agreed that uefa/fifa is not fit for purpose. As for distorting competition, it is already heavily stacked in favour of these clubs. You will always see the same teams in the knockout stages and on the whole the same teams winning their domestic leagues. City had to spend huge amounts to break into the cartel and should be rewarded as an organisation.

All being said, It does not make it right or fair.

I'm not as against this as everybody else. I'm not entirely convinced by it but I don't think it's a disgusting outrage either.

Firstly let's get real for a moment. Football has been broken since the 1990s. People talk like we're in the 1960s where all the clubs could have a similar chance of competition. We aren't and we haven't been for decades. A Leicester could happen once but the idea that you can build a sustainable challenger to the league using your academy, good management and transfer guile is farcical. United saw to that many years ago - to compete you need a billionaire to invest in you. That's the broken part, by the way. That you need that to begin with. The English game has been financially lopsided and killed competition 20 years ago.

There are 2 facts that I keep coming back to with the CL. 1 - Since 2006 there have been 59 English entrants into the Champions League and 58 have been the "big 6".

And 2 - in 29 years since the Champions League format came in, there has been 1 new winner of the European Cup - Chelsea in 2012.

European football is broken beyond repair already, and in reality the super league proposal doesn't change all that much. Its already a closed shop, just not officially.

We don't know how qualifying is supposed to work, but if 1 non "top 6" English team a year is involved, that will make it more inclusive than the Champions League has been for nearly 20 years.

Something had to change. This isn't my preferred direction, but the status quo was almost as bad and who knows where this format will end up after the bartering and brinkmanship and concessions end?

I'm inclined to speculate he didn't know and the club wanted to tie up his services before he could have a chance to think about it.
Wouldn't surprise me if lots of player contracts will need re-negotiating, especially if there's clauses about international duty etc. but we will have to wait and see the responses from the other governing bodies I guess.

Obviously I do need to keep "harping on" if you're so illiterate that you didn't understand the last 3 times.

There's no competitive football and hasn't been for decades.

The "soul" of the club?

The soul of the club changed either the time we were bought by a human rights abuser who had people shot in the streets or the other human rights abuser who he sold it to who executes gay people and still stones people to death.
But that was all okay to you, it was leaving the UEFA competition that really did it. Do me a favour.
5 different clubs won the premier league in the last decade. Give over your bullshit

You've a wicked ego

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.