The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
People in favour for reasons of having games between better teams haven’t realised that the only reason CL football works is the knock out format.

Group games are dire and those between the big teams arent much more interesting than against the lesser teams.

Take away the risk of going out if you lose a match and the whole illusion is lost.

Its not who you play against its the stakes the game has and as soon as it matters less because you’re guaranteed to play next season or you can afford a loss and still make the top 3 and the edge is gone.

Terrible
This. Enjoyed the tie against Dortmund and will enjoy PSG as we've only played Dortmund twice now in 10 seasons and PSG will be the second time as well. Playing Shaktar and BMG repeatedly was boring. Playing Barca 3 times in 4 seasons got stale.

the storm is coming and today uefa will be releasing the new format for champions league and europa league
so for the so called big 6 to rubbish it and walk away and form a super league say one thing football is run by clubs not governing bodies

let me get this out manchester city are fools if they are all over this ? its manchester united way of taking there ball home because they are miles away from manchester city both on and off the field money wise and playing wise

look i hate uefa and if this was a war over them then yes great ? but we are talking all 6 clubs from england giving up all the domestic cups and top 4 places. so they only have to play for the premier league title every season nothing else matters. europe is a closed shop and will be for the rest ? your in it for life and guaranteed super league football

if the world of football from fans to other clubs and governing bodies don't do anything about it. then the game might as well be called WWE fake

what a big opportunity for one of them big 6 to say nope sorry change our minds and i think its wrong
the media and love they would get from the world of football would be worth more than any amount money
but its not going to happen ? if you are not in then you will be left alone to fight for nothing and its blackmail

can manchester city walk away ? the money is not really a problem the competition is ? players will want the best football on offer and if the super league is happening then its the players that will want to be playing in it

will the rest go on striker after last night ? football needs a reaction clubs need to say sorry we are not playing end the season right now enough of this shit. broadcasters need to refuse to show any more games the media need a total black out of them 6 clubs

So the CL final could be PSG v Porto or Dortmund, with City, Chelsea, and Real Madrid possibly being kicked out.

I just hate the concept that we and the other founders can decide whether Leicester City, for example, can play in the ESL if they end up finishing 3rd in the EPL. Like what gives us the right to do that ? Who decides that Leicester shouldn't get in whereas Villarreal, for example, do ?
It's a shit show from start to finish. I presume we felt we had no choice but to join but doesn't make it any easier a pill to swallow.

The hand of the Americans all over this scheme. What next franchised Clubs who move from City to City depending on who offers the best deal, games played abroad especially in the USA where there is a bigger pool of potential spectators used to paying through the nose to watch sport. All games as pay per view on the TV etc etc.

Then salary caps (not a bad thing) and a pre-season draft with the worse side the previous season getting first pick. Leads to an overall level playing field and everybody has an equal chance.

That just does not sit well with me or I suspect the public at large, but this is aimed at the next generation who have been reared on computer games.

Count me out.

Anyone else reading all the arguments and completely fucking torn?

I'd watch City play anyone as I support City. I would much rather have things stay the same but at the same time, the SL is going to happen with or without City so I would much rather that it happened with City. This does not mean that I am for a SL nor that I am happy about it. It feels like City have been stuck between a rock and a hard place and the management have decided that joining is the somewhat lesser evil. It would be financial suicide to decline the invoite IF the SL is happening. We'd lose our best players and the club's value would plummet through the floor.

Yes I feel shite for the Leicesters, Burnley and Wolves et al, but when those cunts were sending letters to CAS to try and get us fucked out of the CL, how much emotional energy did their supporters spend on me, or you or City as a whole?

The whole situation is shite and it's been pushed by owners that don't give a fuck but 18 months ago I was in areement with many City fans that should UEFA ban City from the CL then we should set up our own lucrative tournament and fuck UEFA off. Well it seems like that's happening.

Also I find the attacks on our owner and fans who have voted yes rather abhorrent. Suggesting "Fuck you Mansour..." as the banner isn't a great look.

Speaking to BBC Radio Manchester, Kevin Parker, general secretary of the OSC, added: "Either these clubs didn’t think they would get this reaction, so they don’t know us, or they did know and they didn’t care.”

They didn't care

They absolutely knew the reaction to this and didn't care. That's why the news was drip fed to journalists over Twitter and why clubs have gone radio silent since the announcement. I bet Khaldoon will do some smarmy interview on the club site eventually where he says he "understands how the fans feel".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.