The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Back in the day when Sky announced exclusive broadcasting rights I was working for a commercial photography printers just off Oxford Road.

One guy who worked there at the time, who must have been about 60, was utterly dejected that he couldn’t watch his club live on what we sadly now call “Free to Air”

He couldn’t afford Sky, and I can remember him walking out of the building shaking his head a broken man.

Wish I’d spent more time with him then as right now I know exactly how he felt.

If this goes through then my 46 year following Gods own club will come to an end.

Clouds and Silver linings, means I have to learn what a hockiest is but fishing and shooting are great fun, especially when you combine them....
Is that shooting fish or fishing for discarded shooters in the Irwell ;-)

I wouldn't be too sure that a court would allow clubs to be booted out of their domestic league for participating in another competition but I'm not a lawyer; however, the USL will be using some very expensive advisers, who should know.
It's an existing part of the rules and regulations of the PL and has been since formation (a formation that was government supported) that the clubs participating can't go outside the existing competition structure (including CL) so the PL at least would be well within their rights to expel all 6 clubs. Whether they've the stones to do so is a different matter.

Seemingly it's not a done deal and may not happen. Read that in the comic that masquerades as a paper up here.

The only other thing I would say is that when the Premier League started, people were saying that would destroy English Football but that didn't exactly happen.
how many clubs have gone out of existence since the premier league started? how many are on the threshold?

there'll be a shit load of clubs wound up lower down because of this

united, liverpool, arsenal and tottenham had legacy to save, to always be reach so they put forward a league to make more money. Clubs like city and chelsea have a good future as they have good owners thought they will be left behind if they do not agree on this format.

As I said in an earlier post, the takeover in 2008 presented me with a problem. The City that I grew up watching was going to go away and in its place was a new City that was going to be more globalised but more professional and successful. Each of us have/has to deal with the realities of the takeover and adapt our support in the way that we felt comfortable with. I decided that ultimately the investment will be good for Manchester and I'll enjoy watching us thump teams 6-0 rather than be on the end of the thumping but the payment for that is that we'd have our values eroded until we became a Man United type club. For many people this will be that moment where they decide what they want to do and I don't envy them because I remember how difficult a decision it was for me too. This is why I'm not criticising people who are legitimately questioning their support - I think it's sensible response to this.

There used to be a post about the Glazers often seen on here that always stuck with me. If you suck the devil's dick then eventually you have to swallow. We have Pep and all the development in Manchester and 93:20 and even smaller things like a lot of City fans who can now make money as "content creators" to a global audience and feed their families. But now this is our turn to swallow.
your posts on this topic have been excellent, and honest.

if you continue to watch the games and follow the format, good luck to you. i hope it crashes and burns and becomes and laughing stock. I now realise that i've wanted this for 15 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.