The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Speaking to BBC Radio Manchester, Kevin Parker, general secretary of the OSC, added: "Either these clubs didn’t think they would get this reaction, so they don’t know us, or they did know and they didn’t care.”

They didn't care
Yep. Neither one of those is really good for a club that "cares about it's community and fans". If I'm honest you could look at the development of east Manchester after all this and think it was all to make it more appealing to tourists and investors etc. It gets darker the more you think about it.

They call us "Legacy fans", eh?

Beggars belief that City have joined such an elite bunch of snobs, jettisoning the very moral fiber, history and tradition that defined the club.

These cunts have tried to bin us off for years and now we rush to jump into bed with them. Some of you non-Legacy fans may celebrate, but after four generations of deep family support, I'm not giving my support to Manchester Bluenited. I support City, but this isn't City anymore.

Seemingly it's not a done deal and may not happen. Read that in the comic that masquerades as a paper up here.

Its going to happen. Clubs do not leave The ECA and chairmen and executives don't resign from their roles within UEFA for the sake of it. The Leagues, FIFA & UFEA will buckle and the 12 clubs will get their way

The only other thing I would say is that when the Premier League started, people were saying that would destroy English Football but that didn't exactly happen.
It still had a merit basis and promotion/relegation. Imagine how stale it would have been if we still had;

Even with PL money for 30 years most of those teams would no longer be a functional part of the league. 1 no longer exists. Look at the clubs missing from that list and the moments they've given us down the years.

The irony is that back in the 90s I supported the idea of a super league, longed for the rags and dippers to play the European elite and stop distorting the football league. It would have given ourselves, Leeds, Villa and Newcastle a chance to win silverware while I think the so called big five would have become an irrelevance. Strongly believe any club that joins a super league should be banned from domestic competition. In my old mm age rarely get to the Etihad , superior league and rarely becomes never. Will continue to enjoy real footy at Fleetwood.

This feels like a similar situation to when club rugby in Wales went to regions. It's done nothing except alienate a lot of people away from the club game.

I totally understand why City might feel they need to be in, rather than out and they say that change is inevitable, but this just feels wrong.

Legacy is just a term used in the corporate world. It's not to imply anything negative. It just a Pre-X-Event grouping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.