The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
But I also fell in love with City because of what they represented to me. A team followed by genuine fans, sticking by their team in huge numbers despite going through a lot more shit than good stuff. Then out of the blue, winning the golden ticket and having the chance to rise up and give a giant "Fuck you!" to their detractors. Especially the rags. A club genuinely living the dream. Who couldn't love that? Evidently, quite a lot of people.
For you folks who have only known City and for whom the club is a part of who you are, yet absolutely despise this situation, I truly sympathise.
I suspect that remark, about sticking by the team in huge numbers, will be sorely tested if this scheme goes ahead.

Seen the suggestion that by leaving the ECA, we are ineligible for the Champions League? Does that mean PSG have won it then?
Doubt it, we weren't ECA members when we first qualified. The ECA is just an advisory body really, we're still FA members and therefore UEFA members.

spot on

only a fool would not say yes ? if all the other big clubs are leaving and will be printing there own money
you can bet the players will be wanting the biggest slice of the pie too

After winning the PL Everton, Villa and West Ham will want in together with Bilbao, Napoli and Sevilla. The second division will be created so on and so forth.

Going back 15 years, 58 of the last 59 English entries into the Champions League were from the super league clubs. Leicester are the only one since 2006 to break it up and that was 1 year.

Presumably if this does go through, Everton, Leicester etc will fight for a qualification spot because it'll mean stupid money for the club, and so the competitiveness will remain at the top end.

Really, what's changed? Big 6 go to Europe, same as ever. Mid-table scrap for an impossibly small chance of qualifying.

I suppose you could say this year is the exception - Everton, Leicester, West Ham all genuinely going for the top 4, but it took a once a century global pandemic to happen, so we can't pretend like it's going to be repeated.

IMO football has been in a crisis for 30 years and at least this has brought it to a head, and we might actually start discussing how we want the sport to be. Do we want 1992-2021 domination by an ever smaller group of clubs? Or do we want a revolving door of clubs rising and falling like post war-1991?

How far are we actually willing to go to make things more competitive, make the game a level playing field?

But the decision to change formats should not be in the hands exclusively of some of the competitors who happen to be the richest

The huge issue is even with the premier league alongside this proposed super league is that the founding clubs will always be there no relegation? Arsenal? Spurs? Just this alone is an absolute joke, what have these two clubs done in the last 5-6 years to
Merit that? If there was fair relegation and promotion I wouldn’t be against that so much as it would seem it’s a direct replacement, but we all no it’s not and the manner of which it was set up is pure desperation from the old guard. Barcelona get away with a billion pounds of debt? Madrid just as they are starting to look like a prehistoric club? Both given money to clear debts each and restore power. Pretty sickening we’ve joined these clubs, only feeling is the pressure was felt and letting these old self righteous clubs accumulate wealth over us
Was not an option. We should have stood firm, absolutely gutted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.