The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
So here is the rub for me.

Going to games at the weekend, the proper league games, what’s that experience going to be like when the big money tournament is being played mid week?

If we are there on a Saturday we are going to be watching teams with the big players rested, and not focused on the domestic game.

The whole experience would be de-valued, I know like most supporters it’s really hard to get to mid week games so I would be a weekend supporter (if I bother) only with my two kids.

The economics are with the Real Madrid, barcelona, Manchester United and Liverpool because everyone wants to watch them on TV and that generates commercial income.

However, we do not live in a world where corporations get to entirely dictate events. Capitalism is regulated by the state and I find it difficult to believe that this will be allowed to happen. I think we played a watching brief but we joined them in the end.

I would have liked it had City resisted this but perhaps that is looking at this with a supporters eyes. One of our owners is an American investment trust. Our owners are in this for money.

There is now a complete disconnect between the ethics of the game and the economics and the biggest clubs as usual want the biggest piece of pie. I feel that national governments and regulators will not allow this to happen so I am surprised that City joined up. You don't join a doomed and politically damaging initiative but join we did.

Anyone else reading all the arguments and completely fucking torn?

I'd watch City play anyone as I support City. I would much rather have things stay the same but at the same time, the SL is going to happen with or without City so I would much rather that it happened with City. This does not mean that I am for a SL nor that I am happy about it. It feels like City have been stuck between a rock and a hard place and the management have decided that joining is the somewhat lesser evil. It would be financial suicide to decline the invoite IF the SL is happening. We'd lose our best players and the club's value would plummet through the floor.

Yes I feel shite for the Leicesters, Burnley and Wolves et al, but when those cunts were sending letters to CAS to try and get us fucked out of the CL, how much emotional energy did their supporters spend on me, or you or City as a whole?

The whole situation is shite and it's been pushed by owners that don't give a fuck but 18 months ago I was in areement with many City fans that should UEFA ban City from the CL then we should set up our own lucrative tournament and fuck UEFA off. Well it seems like that's happening.

Also I find the attacks on our owner and fans who have voted yes rather abhorrent. Suggesting "Fuck you Mansour..." as the banner isn't a great look.

Feel exactly the same way. Always wanted City to give UEFA the big fuck you and in a way they have done this but the way they have done it does not sit right with and cozying up to the cartel is the worst way they could do it.

I absolutely love the club and City have given me some unbelievable moments in my life, moments I will cherish forever but it seems they were put in a position in which they could not say no. This IS going to happen, the leagues will give the clubs what they want. For 14 months I've been dying to get back to the ground to a watch a game. Will I go back? probably. But the landscape of football has changed forever now and I have no idea how I'm going to cope with that

I tell you what, many clubs will collapse because of this and the public knowing we are one of the ones directly responsible will put a target on fans backs. I won't be taking a kicking for these greedy bastards!

Government intervention or mass fan non-participation would be the only thing to stop it.

they won’t need us fans if the money is right just like this super league! Government can’t do anything about clubs agreeing on a different league if clubs who are in it are happy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.