The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
One thing for certain, we have blown the title without kicking a ball, I would expect a big points deduction for all involved.

It means nothing anymore anyway, if the same few clubs automatically qualify for this new league. The PL will be devalued like the FA Cup has done. Why bother putting out your strongest team for a PL game if you are assured of a place anyway and have a game in this new league coming up. Unless you are in with a shout of winning it why bother? The thing that keeps the PL going now, as well as the few clubs that could actually win it, is the competition of CL & Euro places & relegation.

No doubt this will be another TV subscription for fans to pay & the most likely beneficiary will be Amazon Prime.

Survival as a top club or a return to mediocrity.

I know you will say you would prefer the latter but the owner and management don't want that. I am sure the other shareholders (Chinese & Silverlake) also wouldn't want the latter.
Staying Manchester CIty FC or becoming CFG incarnate, fully and unreservedly.

I'd take option 1. Manchester City won't exist in a few years with the globalization model. It'll be rolled in to one franchise - that's the goal

Supporting this is supporting the end of the club

They absolutely knew the reaction to this and didn't care. That's why the news was drip fed to journalists over Twitter and why clubs have gone radio silent since the announcement. I bet Khaldoon will do some smarmy interview on the club site eventually where he says he "understands how the fans feel".
Khaldoon is very very slick but not even he will be able to make this sound good

I very much doubt that there is anything governments / regulators can do to stop this.

People are already filling this thread and no doubt social media with all sorts of ill informed and over emotional nonsense.

I'll keep reiterating that I am not in favour of this development but I have no doubt that if it goes ahead, and I think it probably will, City need to be involved.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. City were not included in the secret set up talks & seemed reluctant to be associated with the idea. But if we don’t join - all the work of the last 10 years will be for nothing. I’m afraid it’s a case of be in it or be left behind

Can I respectfully ask were you embarrassed when we were taken over, went onto spend huge sums of money to give us the decade of success we are currently enjoying? Overtaking other clubs in the process?
I think the thing people are embarrassed about is the closed nature of the SL. I despised those traditional elite clubs who did everything in their power to maintain the status quo, so that clubs such as city couldn't become one of them with new investment, now it seems we are becoming something that alot of us despised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.