The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I think this is a ploy by these 12 clubs for greater leverage with UEFA. UEFA will give them a better deal and these breakaway clubs will back down. I hope I’m right as this ESL is an abomination that could destroy football.
There’s already the super league website, it’s already happened not just being suggested.

If people think we will be ok then you are fucking deluded. These twats have been shifting us for over 10years. We sign up to a competition where the other clubs have a member control the laws and they will fuck us from pillar to post and there's fuck all Mansour can do about it. You greedy fuckers.

Not surprised by this. German football fans are very militant on these types of issues. When they threaten to boycott, over say ticket prices or kickoff times, its never an empty threat. They would probably riot in the streets if Dortmund agreed to join.

Not sure about that. Dortmund sticking with UEFA is a confirmation of their strong ties with them, the influence and power they have within.

This is a battle of money vs money, they stick to one side. Doesn't make them proper or pure.

Like others have said us fans arent needed. We went to the Watford game last year.
We were sat on the last row of seats in CB3 right at the back. We were surrounded by tourists , I would say about 70 around us, and lots of kids about 8ish year old.
I felt like I wasnt part of City that day. Me and my lad were the only ones singing and it felt odd. When we sung we had about 70 pair of eyes staring at us. I guess that was the beginning of the end for my love of City. City won 8 nil that day and I could honestly say that was my most boring match I have attended.
I didnt enjoy the port vale fans amongst us or the Italian fans but its was fun. The Watford game was sterile.
I think the Watford game will become the norm with real fans having walked away all together or us watch on tv as tourist and plastic fill the stadium at sky high ticket prices

I think the thing people are embarrassed about is the closed nature of the SL. I despised those traditional elite clubs who did everything in their power to maintain the status quo, so that clubs such as city couldn't become one of them with new investment, now it seems we are becoming something that alot of us despised.
No, but they weren't embarrassed when we could overtake clubs who, at that point, were bigger than us because we could go out and buy whoever we wanted, throwing money at it for fun to get us in a position where we could compete, and now dominate?

I'm not just saying this now because of this announcement, but I have always wondered if the investment was how it looked from the outside, or if there was a more long-term plan. I think this is that. The SL plan has been rumoured for ages. Do you think Sheikh Mansour would not have been looking into this for a long term plan for his investment? I do.

People can't be happy at someone coming in and doing what he has done, completely wiping out the competition for the majority of honours in the process, then say they are embarrassed when we join a competition for the clubs we have wanted to be - the giants of the game in other words. One leads from the other, and for me personally I think this is what the plan was all along. It is extremely hypocritical to be ok with the first part, but then not want the second part. Can you imagine what fans of other clubs would say if fans of our club start harping on about turning their back on the club, after a decade of feasting on the fruits of the Sheikh's investment?

will you support this?
It depends what you mean by "support". I don't like it and don't want it. But it is not City making this happen and if it is happening I know we have to be part of it. If the ladder is being pulled up, which is what this is, then I love City enough to want to be in the boat instead of drowning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.