The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I very much doubt that there is anything governments / regulators can do to stop this.

People are already filling this thread and no doubt social media with all sorts of ill informed and over emotional nonsense.

I'll keep reiterating that I am not in favour of this development but I have no doubt that if it goes ahead, and I think it probably will, City need to be involved.
Its a Cartel which is in cointervention of both UK and EU competition law

Just read the club statement, I feel empty!
Exactly the same as Man Utd's statement.

Just when we were about to scale the game, we go and join them.

They don't care. There are 9 billion people on this planet. Very few have the intimate connections to the club that we had through shared experience and memories of going to the game with our fathers and grandfathers now gone.

This destroys one of the most valuable things in my life and now something that I was very proud of is tainted.

I hate it when we have no control over things that really matter.

Mourinho has been sacked... funny if it’s related to this.
You would have to think its a case of Spurs were going to do it, and thought they might as well do it when it secondary news. Either that or Jose has shown his displeasure at Spurs being involved in the ESL.

Once the ESL starts then it will give RM and Rags the freedom to adapt everything to suit themselves you will end up with an ESL being won by a couple of teams. Arse, Spurs and others fans will be sick of finishing bottom half.
Once they start arranging their own tv deals etc we'll never get near them

It depends what you mean by "support". I don't like it and don't want it. But it is not City making this happen and if it is happening I know we have to be part of it. If the ladder is being pulled up, which is what this is, then I love City enough to want to be in the boat instead of drowning.
if you love City as much as you say you do then you're watching the death of the club. It's becoming a franchise, this is the first step on the name being changed, the badge, the history, the location. That's what you're witnessing and accepting.

Because we'd be more screwed if we didn't join.
This - I suspect we are not driving this but we cant be left behind either. We need a solid option as various others would love to see us excluded. But its catch 22 as champions elect and CL semifinalists we bring it credibility where as a Milan, Arsenal, Tottenham are clearly taking the piss - for them they are lucky to be in as they are on there arses. You can put the clubs in 3 groups:

Those that want or need the money:
Rags, Liverpool, Barca, R Madrid, Juve

Those that want the money but are also lucky to get on the list based on recent performance/results
Arsenal, Tottenham, Milan (Both)

Those that dont need the money and hold their own in the CL but have FOMO
City, Chavs, Madrd, (PSG if they join)

Its a strange one. Odds are its a disaster but for various reasons no one wants to lose the option to join. *FOMO = Fear of Missing Out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.