The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I thought most of you lot getting the most outraged by this hated EUFA and the Champions League? Loads of supposed big fans last week were telling me on a thread that the FA Cup was more important and the whole thing is bent and all that. Well this decision is the biggest "Fuck off" to both UEFA and the CL that there has ever been. And if City are part of the decision making process in this new tournament and have a voice and/or a veto then surely you should be euphoric?

Do we have any say in how the ESL is ran? Looks like it is rigged by Perez, Agnelli and the Glazers.

If you thought FFP was corrupt in the champions league, wait til you see what that lot throw at us without a governing body like UEFA in between us should we threaten to win the ESL...

We can forget any idea that the interests of football have played any part in the creation of this project. As David Bernstein said this morning football is controlled by people who know a lot about money but who have no understanding of football at all. I cannot imagine, however, what has persuaded City to get into bed with precisely those sharks who did their damnedest only last summer to try and stiff the club forever. And all this to create a kind of American style non tournament which will mirror the NFL absolutely. But, of course, it will ensure that those "elite" clubs will be protected from their chronic overspending, despite Khaldoon's assertion that City would not pay for their bad investment decisions. The PL, FA cup etc etc will be tournaments our "Big Six" can safely ignore to chase the big bucks of the SL which in itself will involve relatively few clubs all season. No wonder Barca were one of the first clubs to come out in favour in public. For the rest of us this is a criminally high price to pay just to keep Messi at Barcelona.

I thought most of you lot getting the most outraged by this hated EUFA and the Champions League? Loads of supposed big fans last week were telling me on a thread that the FA Cup was more important and the whole thing is bent and all that. Well this decision is the biggest "Fuck off" to both UEFA and the CL that there has ever been. And if City are part of the decision making process in this new tournament and have a voice and/or a veto then surely you should be euphoric?
If, we are not even vice chair , the others who have tried to destroy usare

I don't have any love for UEFA. I don't have any objection to a shake-up of European football.

I do object to 12-20 teams deciding that they are the elite, can do whatever the frig they want, take all the money in the game, and tell hundreds/thousands of other professional football clubs with decades of history to sod off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.