The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I hope fifa, uefa and the fa stand strong and ban any teams breaking away from domestic competition and the players from international football.

A wage cap works in US sports because there isn't another place in the world to go and play American football, basketball, baseball or hockey and make close to as much money as you can in America.

Not true in football (soccer).

And neither baseball nor hockey get their best players from American colleges, but through a minor league system, which is ultimately what the domestic leagues would become for the Super League clubs. Increasingly, basketball gets its best players out of high school or after only a year or two of college too.
But Europe is the only place to play football at the top level. Latin American leagues might not have a wage cap, or a limit to the wages:turnover ratio, but there is (for now) nowhere near enough money in their league system to remotely compete with Europe. Not sure about the MLS though, to be fair. Anyway what I mean is clearly this super league isn't proposing a literal wage cap, but a limit to spending will have a similar effect.

I think if we were genuinely not a part of this the club would have already released a statement saying so to protect the image of the club.

Bayern Munchen made promise to their fans that they will never support any Super League.

This is the reason
Credit to them for sticking to there word. City have been incredibly stupid to go along with this. Maybe we backed it as we feel we have no other option and don’t want to be left outside when this invariably happens. Haven’t even checked on United score the game is dead to me

It seems we were the last to sign up and with no representation to me this stinks of it being better to be inside the tent pissing out than the other way around. If this becomes the new Cl then the top players and managers will want to be part of it. Fail to sign up and we basically become a Europa League team with morals. I just hope the FA threaten to expel all 6 teams.

City should make a statement that we are not interested and demand the English clubs behind this need to be kicked out the premier league next season, we should be seen to be taking the righteous path for the majority of fans in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.